Honored Contributor

Re: I Am So Tired of Vacuums - All Day Long!

Well, I'm very glad they had this as the TSV today.  I've been waiting to buy this specific model until I found a really good price and this was it.  And, if it had been tomorrow, I'd likely have missed it, since I'm away on a short vacation in the morning.

So "different strokes for different folks"!

Valued Contributor

I don't have any problem with them selling vacuums or anything.  When it annoys me, and this is purely a personal preference granted... is when they stick the product in a mostly unrelated show.  Like a Christmas shopping show.

I mean have a whole, hey lets get your house clean for the holidays program and buy a new mattress for guests you hoped wouldn't show up show and I wouldn't complain a bit.

But inserting it into another program is like trying to stick in copper compression socks and a Logo skirt as an "Irish Bagpiping" purchase during Rose of Tralee.

Honored Contributor

@kivah wrote:

It's an infomercial --- and they try to hypnotize their viewers.

@kivah,@Annebellethecat,Reminds me more of a slow death!!!

Image result for halmarks grumpy maxine

Respected Contributor

i don't know what the problem is.  I know on my tv set, there's a zillion other channels with different tv shows you can watch.  Im sure yours is the same too.  Push one of the buttons on your tv remote and I'm sure the channel will change to something else.  Doesn't take much effort. 

Honored Contributor

@Blingqueen023 wrote:

i don't know what the problem is.  I know on my tv set, there's a zillion other channels with different tv shows you can watch.  Im sure yours is the same too.  Push one of the buttons on your tv remote and I'm sure the channel will change to something else.  Doesn't take much effort. 

@Blingqueen023- that's really not the point though.  Every time we have one of these threads someone comes on with this kind of response.

Every single person knows they can change the channel.  No one needs to come on and remind them of that.  This kind of response is condescending and rude.

The overall point (and you know this) is that QVC has changed and long time viewers/shoppers have noticed it and it's disappointing.  Their programming has gotten stale.  They drive presentations of products right into the ground.  Hours and hours of one product.  It's disappointing when one of your favorite stores or restaurants changes and you think it's not for the better.

I think the old timers, me included, long for the QVC of old- where you saw a mix of lots of different products and you actually did enjoy most of the shows.  Like the 50 in 50 tour.  I'd specifically watch those thoses.  Silver Style was a don't miss for me.  We had remote controls back then too and all of us knew we could change the channel if we wanted.  We don't need to be reminded of that.

I think what most of us are really saying here is that we'd really like to watch QVC again and enjoy the products and presentations.  It's a shame that their retailing model has changed.

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Esteemed Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

I just thought of something.....I'm doing that exact same thing by posting about the vacuum cleaner over and over.  Ha!

@Annabellethecat66  Yeah, but it takes about 2 seconds to read your post, not hours on end like the TSV presentations!!

Honored Contributor

@gidgetgh

for those who long for the "old days of qvc,"  they are gone.

they are going to show what is selling......and THAT has changed.

to expect it to go back to what it once was is probably a dream for some.

as i had posted earlier, right now, vacuums and mattresses are selling......so someone is watching and buying. jewelry sales are down......so people are NOT buying jewelry anymore. as the times change, so does qvc.

@Blingqueen023is correct. if shoppers are not happy with the products then they need to stop watching. it is easy to check out the program guide online or on tv and see what is coming up, then they can choose an alternative channel. so many choices out there other than a shopping channel that no longer entertains or interests you at times.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

@gidgetgh

for those who long for the "old days of qvc,"  they are gone.

they are going to show what is selling......and THAT has changed.

to expect it to go back to what it once was is probably a dream for some.

as i had posted earlier, right now, vacuums and mattresses are selling......so someone is watching and buying. jewelry sales are down......so people are NOT buying jewelry anymore. as the times change, so does qvc.

@Blingqueen023is correct. if shoppers are not happy with the products then they need to stop watching. it is easy to check out the program guide online or on tv and see what is coming up, then they can choose an alternative channel. so many choices out there other than a shopping channel that no longer entertains or interests you at times.

@sunshine45- there’s a way to word it politely. Everyone knows they can change the channel. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

I get why they show vacuums so much -  they seem always to sell by the thousands.

What I don't get is why they seem always to sell by the thousands.  Who buys so many?

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

As you pointed out @Annabellethecat66  every weekend its the same thing--THE ENDLESS parade of vacuums, it cosmetics, Argan Oil, Dooney & Bourke, Lori Goldstein, Susan Graver and then electronics, beds, and mattresses....its the SAME THING EVERY WEEKEND!  I check the Program Guide and the only thing i watch on Weekends is AM STYLE (and thats on in the background---not much on the other channels at that hour).....

So glad football is back because that's what I watch....SORRY QVC...variety is the key!!!  But even the Christmas Shows, which might be a nice change of pace, it's the SAME stuff year after year after year---Woman Tongue  The crystal trees with the ornaments, Valerie's Spheres, the hour long presentations on a variety of trees by different vendors, the flashpad, poo pourri, prindable apples, electronics, bose, same ole throws, cabbage patch dolls and an electronic pet, scooters............ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ  

I WANT THE QVC BUYERS' and PROGRAMMERS' JOB---got to be the easiet jobs in the world, just order the same thing year after year after year.....plug in the same programming and your job is done!!!  

So that's why I seldom watch QVC anymore (I might check items recently on air on the website-but don't buy that way either)....so that means less sales and it looks like a lot of folks feel the same....thats why their revenue is down, but the QVC Execs don't have the savvy to even figure that out or realize whats going on....Woman Frustrated

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”