Honored Contributor

Re: I Am So Tired of Vacuums - All Day Long!

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

@hckynut Why yes!  I have heard of the remote and I do use it (as do others that have also commented on the repitition) now that you kindly reminded me!  Thanks!

However, I do every now and then flip over to QVC to see what's being offered and....Oh!  Whoops!  There are those darn vacuums being sold still.....back to the good old ummm...what was it...Oh! Yes!  That dag gone remote...push...push...two hours later...back to QVC....what's that...Oh! My!  Still the vacuum!  and so it goes the mother of all run on sentences...thanks for the reminder....

@kivah Do you use your remote too?  If not, @hckynut is reminding both of us to use it...thank him/her

@Annabellethecat66

You're very welcome.

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

Now we know why QVC has vacuums time after time.  I guess some enjoy watching vacuums being shown.  I learn something new every day!

Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66

@hckynut Is a him... you wondered.  His first name is John.  He knows a lot about electronics and is always willing to help people.

Honored Contributor

@Noel7 Thanks!  I knew @hckynut was a male but I typed that out of habit.  I've also seen him (I almost did it again) on other various posts.  

I know vacuums are electronic if selecting a subject matter, but I put it under Community Chat because I didn't feel like I was making a point about it's electronic connection but the constant repetition of QVC's TSV's.

Sometimes when one feels a certain way one wonders if he/she is the only person who feels like that (this was true in my case).

I think perhaps (if I'm honest with myself, which I try to be) I was looking for validation of MY feelings.

I did find this validation with some but there are a few who (seems like) enjoy the repetition of the TSV's.  That's what makes life interesting......I guess.

Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

@Noel7 Thanks!  I knew @hckynut was a male but I typed that out of habit.  I've also seen him (I almost did it again) on other various posts.  

I know vacuums are electronic if selecting a subject matter, but I put it under Community Chat because I didn't feel like I was making a point about it's electronic connection but the constant repetition of QVC's TSV's.

Sometimes when one feels a certain way one wonders if he/she is the only person who feels like that (this was true in my case).

I think perhaps (if I'm honest with myself, which I try to be) I was looking for validation of MY feelings.

I did find this validation with some but there are a few who (seems like) enjoy the repetition of the TSV's.  That's what makes life interesting......I guess.

@Annabellethecat66

I understand not liking all-day infomercials.   I don't always agree with John but it's not acceptable imo to question a known poster's gender, it's inappropriate.

Honored Contributor

@Noel7 You misunderstood my post.  I was explaining why I have the habit of putting in he/she.  I don't think John felt like I was being rude to him (I hope not).

If you've ever seen my posts you would/should (I hope) understand (I've said it often enough) I respect everyone's opinion and I have often stated that I've learned a lot from posters here.

I am not aware that I've ever (on purpose) questioned another's post by telling them they are directly wrong.  Nor have I (on purpose) been rude to them.

In this correct atmosphere of today it would (I think) be unforgivable for me to assume something (anything) one way or another.

I have a habit (if you read my posts) of putting in he/she (go back and read them).  I stated that in my last post.  I don't think anyone else was offended by it, I hope not.

For instance, I don't know if you are male or female, nor do you REALLY know if I am either.  You can assume one way or another but ........you might be wrong.

I think it would be wrong for me to always assume one thing.  As I said (once again) it was out of habit.  I will continue to do it as I am not a person who tries to offend anyone.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Annabellethecat66

I only watch the Q when I'm changing channels. On other channels, there are so many commercials/station breaks/previews of other shows/meteorologists telling us about the weather --- so I turn on the Q. The Q has the least annoying commercials. YES - it's always about the same few products ---- over and over!!!! People, like us, who've been watching the Q for many years --- have difficulty enjoying it now. Of course, we could change the channel OR mute it --- but we want the Powers that Be at the Q to realize they need to change it up. I think I purchased 7 items in the last year. 

This morning I was watching Lori Goldstein for 10 minutes ---- how many long tops and tanks could anyone look at? She's on non-stop - and always says "AGAIN". It's too annoying. Oh - I almost forgot - the 4, 5, 6 EasyPays!!!! You only have to pay $10. to get it home. The price is only good til the end of the day. How many times a day --- do these hosts remind the viewers?????

The tv in my upstairs bedroom only gets a few channels - and mostly criminal-type shows. I prefer to watch the Q during the night - so I don't have nightmares. Sometimes the Q puts me back to sleep.