Honored Contributor

When we were in Ruidoso couple weeks ago I was told amarillo folks flee there in the summer because it never gets over 85 . Don't know that I believe that, though.

Those mountains are so pretty. I never seen a mountain before I moved down here. Well, the smokies in Tenn. when we would go on vacation there

Respected Contributor

@Kachina624, I don't think anything will be hotter than hades.

ETERNITY: your choice... smoking or non smoking!
Honored Contributor

LOL

Trusted Contributor

@Kachina624: Sounds like a nice change from Texas! I've spent a little time in Dallas, & it was a little cooler than Fl, but not much. I've also been to NM, but it was more of a pitstop, many years ago. I remember being on a "cliff" of sorts, at night, looking down at all the lights on in the city I was overlooking. Pretty. And I had breakfast at a little place, & when I looked out of the window, I could see hot air baloons going up in the air!! Memories.....Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

Our temps in the low 70's are perfect.  I keep hearing so much about the dangers of tick bites, which makes me a little nervous about doing work in the yard.

Honored Contributor

Hopefully New Jersey gets some,

Image result for cute sun images

Honored Contributor

I haven't seen 1 tick or those ***** lady bugs since I moved here. Up in Ind.

we had those stinking lady bugs in the house , falling on your head when your trying to read at night, they bite, too. Gal from our church had a big pot of soup on the stove she was stirring she turned to go get something when she came back to the stove lady bugs had dropped down in the pot.

Had to throw it all out. LOL

Nope, some good things about Tx. We love the blue skies in Jan. while remembering the digging out to get to mailbox up in Ind in the winter, dead car batteries, falling on ice, frozen power lines on and on. Didn't want to fight that in our later yrs. or having to pay somebody all the time for stuff that you can't do yourself any more.

Just wish my electric bill was lower. LOL

Esteemed Contributor

@Foolywooly11 That's exactly what I love about the PNW. The four seasons ~ I'm not sure I would be happy anywhere else. Where do you plan to go?

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@pattypeep  Well we're happy you're happy.  I'm happy too but I'm afraid these warm sunny spring days will soon turn into scorchers that are hotter than hades.  

😓

And humid... you forgot humid @Kachina624... at least around here... Besides, in the DC area, we haven't seen much of the sun in over a week... 

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

Not even out of May yet and we have already hit the low 90's and have had days where it feels like a blanket is on top of you here in Texas.

I so loved all the rain and overcast skies we had this week-end.  Just enough sunshine mixed in for fun but still made it bearable to be outside.  A few more weeks and I will be dreaming of November.

Happy for you @pattypeep but I am ready to celebrate Labor Day week-end just to start seeing a degree or two drop in the temp.s from a Texas August.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."