Honored Contributor

all that humidity down there makes my hair tight and kinks up LOL

Esteemed Contributor

Beautiful day in central Midwest. One of those -- stop, look, listen and soak it in - days. Grateful  

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Honored Contributor

@Foolywooly11 wrote:

@Kachina624: Central Fl. Not even an ocean breeze.....

@Foolywooly11  My sympathy.  At least we have no humidity and few bugs or critters.  I happened to notice one evening this past week our humidity was 4%, dew point was 2.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Our humidity was 10%. LOL  Yep, nothing can survive down here. I gave up on a pretty yard and just planted junipers with yellow in them . Sea of Gold junipers and called it a day. Keep a concrete pot of marigolds on front porch. Hope, jacks don't eat them too.

Mild winter we had , but, my butterfly bushes still died and jacks didn't even try to eat them and they still died. that's it for me. Just junipers for me.

Honored Contributor
New resident of Boco Ratan....love the weather. Plan on visiting NE in the fall family reunion. Now having a pixie cut easy peasy. Love walking on the beach at night. Every place has good points and not so much concerning weather. Don't miss the cold winters. Here comes the sun.🙋
Trusted Contributor

@Kachina624: It's SO humid here! I'm tired of 10 months of summer/ year! I've decided to spend my golden years in a state with 4 seasons, as soon as my youngest leaves the nest...

Honored Contributor

@SharkE  Why don't you have gravel put in your yard and don't worry about grass?  I don't own a blade of grass but have a lot of shrubbery and some trees.  If what I've got can't survive without a lot of water, I let it die.  Water is too expensive.  People here get very creative with their landscaping without grass. 

Honored Contributor

Re: *** I Am So Loving ***

[ Edited ]

No, that barren Arizona look isn't for folks from Indiana. LOL I'd be depressed all to hale.

I got to have green.

I was out at 7 this morning dragging the hose to the areas that the sprinkler can't reach. I got trees to water on one side of house. Put me out a spot front of the house (I'll send pic Tues. it's on other pc) that I planted with shrubs, big rocks, etc.  I go out and water 2-3 times weekly at crack of dawn . Cold then at 7 like in 50's and I have the peace and quiet to myself at that time. No dog walkers, kids on golf carts, etc.

My time................LOL

My water is free, we're on water well. Unless you want to count when you build a house you pay 10,000 to dig the well and put in septic LOL

No monthly bills for water, gas is cheap, electricity is a horror !

Honored Contributor

@Foolywooly11 wrote:

@Kachina624: It's SO humid here! I'm tired of 10 months of summer/ year! I've decided to spend my golden years in a state with 4 seasons, as soon as my youngest leaves the nest...

@Foolywooly11  I don't blame you.  I moved here from Texas for the same reason.  It was just too hot there in the summer.  We're at almost 6,000ft in altitude in Albuquerque and definitely have four seasons with a little snow.  Since I've lived here, it's gotten as cold as - 14° but that was very unusual.  Gets hot but not as bad as Texas and cools at night. 

Honored Contributor

Tx. freezes your property tax when you turn 65, also. Thank God for that!