QVC Customer Care
QVC Customer Care
QVC Customer Care
Honored Contributor

@Carmie wrote:

Pennsylvania has no vaccine lottery.    I doubt anyone will get the vaccine just because they could win a prize.  Those that refuse the vaccine can't be bought by maybe they could win something.

@Carmie that's exactly how I feel about all these stupid give aways.

If I had decided not to get the vaccine a donut or free dessert or a lottery ticket wouldn't change my mind to do it.

When I got mine there were no give aways to do it.  Heck, I didn't even get a fancy band-aid or sticker!

Respected Contributor

@jannabelle1 wrote:

@suzyQ3, hopefully this "big fat lottery" is being offered to all those homeless folks that you have living on the streets in San Francisco, the beaches of L.A. and elsewhere in your state. LOL!

I don't understand how this is funny? Could you please explain it?

Trusted Contributor

JMO....I do not like this lottery concept to push the vaccine.....people have already made up their mind if they want it or not....for me I think it's a dumb idea and bribe to get people to do the right thing

Esteemed Contributor

I applaud all of the gifts and prizes and lotteries and giveaways!

Fabulous ideas all over.

To me they are clearly not meant for the hardcore antivaccinators.

There are millions of vaccine hesitant or vaccine apprehensive or vaccine uncertain.  It is not the same thing as antivaccine.

I look forward to these incentive and/or reward programs continuing nationwide. 

Honored Contributor

@Johnnyeager   I hope you like Budweiser beer.  They are going to offer free beer to those 21+ who have been vaccinated once 70% of Americans get the vaccine.

Respected Contributor

I missed out on my New Jersey free beer. None of the participating bars were anywhere near me. So I'll take it.

Honored Contributor

@Ladybug724 wrote:

Sorry but it's hard not to be suspicious about all of the giveaways and bribery surrounding the vaccine.

Saw a commercial last night with John Legend laying it on thick about how everyone needs to do the responsible thing and do their part in getting the vaccine.

The more bribery I hear about, the more resolve I have to abstain from the vaccine. 

Plenty of drugs were tested, retested, then tested again for years, finally released into the market, then a couple of years later become subject to lawsuits because of their danger. The COVID vaccine has been tested for months only.

I'll pass.

@Ladybug724 

I don’t find incentives suspicious at all, people who look for coupons, and discounts on other items (say cars) don’t seem suspicious about the quality of the products. Cars can kill you too.

You get a savings coupon, free waterproof mats, or a good deal on a new car - you say, ‘Nope, that’s bribery, now I’m suspicious,

and I resolve not to buy this car.’  Sure...

My state is close to the 70% goal with NO incentives, just an understanding of data, and common sense.

Those who chose not be vaccinated, fine already, up to you.  

Based on previous posts, Your mind was made up before incentives were offered.

Myself,  I’m happy and grateful to have had mine.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras