Trusted Contributor

Re: I Am Ready to Kick 2019 To The Curb!

My worst year ever was 20 years ago when my first husband died.  I thank God that the struggle to restore DH to health ultimately proved successful.

2019 saw our being forced to close our practice as DH's health went into a tailspin.  The balance of the year was a sad game of whak-a-mole--one infection supposedly "solved" only to crop up somewhere else, and more virulent than the previous one.  In early December, finally all the test showed the infections gone.

I figure we have nowhere to go but up, now.

Honored Contributor

@Gooday wrote:
My Dad died 7/30 and my wonderful husband 10/29. I have no words.

oh my gosh @Gooday  I'm so very sorry. Sending my deepest sympathies to you. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Respected Contributor

@Gooday wrote:

i am so very sorry for your losses. 

Respected Contributor

It seems " When it Rains it Pours." for some .It  is interesting that some  people actually prefer odd or even years? 

I think a certain year comes to mind for most of us as never ending. For me it was 2008. I lost so much personally ,emotionally and financially  and I had to survive very much alone. It seems somehow we do carry on and  look towards a brighter future.

I hope 2020 gives you better days ahead for those of you that had a trying 2019, and your worries, troubles and losses are few in 2020. Take care of yourselves and be healthy in this next decade.

Trusted Contributor

@Gooday wrote:
My word, what a double dose of pain and loss!  Please accept my most sincere sympathies in your time of profound grief.  May God comfort and uplift you.

Respected Contributor

My DD was a mess had to get a lawyer over $8,000 to get her out of her ******. Yes this went on a 1st time dui not happy we gave it to her, never never again. she got scared. she knows now never ever do it again after all that &classes she got scared maybe good; ok this was jan. lets move forward my dh has kidney stones blasted he did good. my brother has lympoid cancer got that done with many visit to kimo so far he is done. Yes 2019 was a mess but guess what my brother is fine, DD is scared out of her mind & DH goes next to blast the last 2 kidney stones it all worked out with a lot of prayer. What a mess but we are moving forward so happy. Wow what a year but we learned we made it threw. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I already kicked it to the curb.  It had to be one of the worst health years, if anything could go wrong it did.  Problem is I have to depend on my daughter for certain things and all that does for me is to make my life worse, sad to say she is not the most caring daughter a mother could have.  I guess all the years I was there for her, dropped everything to take care of her problems went out the window with never even a thank you.

Sorry, I don't mean to complain but I'm in that kind of mood tonight, it hurts when you give it your all and get absolutely nothing in return.

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Honored Contributor

@Gooday   I am so sorry for your loss.  There are no words that can fill that void. I hope you are taking good care of yourself and have good friends and family to support you through this difficult time.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Gooday wrote:

@Gooday ...I can't imagine having to find the strength to go through the loss of two loved ones within such a short time.   God bless you and may this new year bring you many good things to lift your spirit.

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Honored Contributor

@Gooday wrote:

Keep hanging on @Gooday .  2020 has got to be better and we are with you all the way.  Love you suga'.

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."