Esteemed Contributor

I leave for work ridiculously early, meaning, it's still dark out.

Yesterday, I was driving on the highway, which consists of two lanes going North, and two lanes going South, when suddenly from out of nowhere, comes this owl headed straight for my windshield!

I swerved a little, ( there was no other traffic), when at the last possible moment, the owl finally pulled up, and flew over my car.

I was like, "Dam owl! That's why you have wings! It's easier for you to avoid me, than it is for me to avoid you!"

That owl was huge!

And here I thought that owls were supposed to be "wise"! *lol*

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Respected Contributor

Glad neither of you were hurt.  Well, if you weren't " Up and At 'em"  before, You were after!  What a way to start the Morning!

Esteemed Contributor

The owl probably got caught up in the draft created by your oncoming car at highway speed. Lucky for both of you! I have only seen an owl once. Can't miss it! They are very large.

Respected Contributor

Glad you're okay. That would have been horrible for both of you. 

Honored Contributor

Did you ever read the book,"I Heard the Owl Call my Name"?

'cuz every girl's crazy 'bout a sharp dressed man
Esteemed Contributor

Years ago my daughter had a hawk fly right into her car grill!  He died on impact and she literally had to drive to the mechanic so he could help her remove it.  She was really shaken up by it, she was about 19 at the time.  

Honored Contributor

Wow, that had to be scary.  Thankfully, it didn't cause you to have an accident. Who would have thought an owl would be on the highway?

A few years ago, a wild turkey flew into the windshield of our car while my husband was driving.  It hit on the passenger side where I was sitting. My husband was calm, but I almost had a heart attack.

I am glad I wasn't driving.  Things like that unnerve me.

Honored Contributor

We have wild bunnies all over the area where I live and those.......things dart and zig zag at the last minute---and I did hit one once that made me cry-----DUMB BUNNIES !!!!!!  My hubs got run into by a duck on his way to work one a.m.------and then there are the deer that feel the need to jump into traffic too---that is really scary---seen that happen up ahead of me but was able to avoid it. 

Respected Contributor

Well ain't that a hoot!

Glad you and the owl are OK.

An incident like that can shack you up. It is good you had control of your senses and did not panic in the moment.

Honored Contributor
No harm, no fowl.😄