Trusted Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:
No harm, no fowl.😄

That's a good one @Pearlee .

I am glad that OP wasn't injured. 

Do the math.
Honored Contributor

We had a beautiful white owl hit the wall on our deck a few years ago.  I found him when I came home from the store and DH had to bury him. I was so sad I just couldn't get near him.  Deer are a dime a dozen around here but owls are quite special.

Esteemed Contributor

A few years ago, my sister was on her way to work and she found an owl that was hurt by the side of the road. She stopped. Called me. I took a towel and a pet carrier or a box, I can't remember and some of DH's leather gloves.  By the time I got there, a guy had stopped.

Well anyway, the three of us got that beautiful owl into the box or carrier. I brought it home with me. Put it in the extra bathroom, opened the box or container, got it water. The owl came out and I will admit, I was shocked by the size of its tallons and wondered if me and sis were nuts.

Called around and found a vet that would take him. The vet had him good as new in about 3 weeks I think, let him go.

I'm glad you didn't hit it @Anonymous032819.

Honored Contributor

While on my way to work one night, an owl flew directly into the headlight of my car while trying to catch a field mouse!  

With traffic behind me, all I saw was feathers, and I couldn’t stop, so checked it out the next morning when I went home, and there was the dead owl.   

Honored Contributor

Happycat: God will bless you for your kindness.

Respected Contributor

How scary. Glad everything turned out good. But still really scary.

Esteemed Contributor

@Anonymous032819  Glad you avoided the collision! A few years ago, we were driving north on I-81 in PA and we saw a ring-necked pheasant crossing the road. Even though they were ubiquitous when we were little, our son had never seen one. They are no longer stocked, as far as I know. Just as he was exclaiming over the sighting, we hit the poor bird. My DH said he couldn't swerve due to the traffic. So sad!

Honored Contributor

Mystical association with fertility.

@Anonymous032819   I'm just sayin'.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

If you can imagine, a wild turkey flew into my husbands windshield, same scenario, early on a two lane road. We live on mostly woodland and in the 45 years we have lived here I have never seen an owl, I hear them all the time though. Glad all is well that ends well.

Esteemed Contributor

@Cakers3 wrote:

Mystical association with fertility.

@Anonymous032819   I'm just sayin'.

@Cakers3 

Well, seeing as how I am past menopause.........

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.