Valued Contributor

Re: I ASKED A WOMAN WHY SHE WAS CRYING

I dont see how any good can come out of it-I too believ this was a scam

She knows your name now and your car and plate I assume if she saw you drive off

If shje knows when you are at the Clinic and you have pain meds in your home she and her duaghter could be in this together for all you know

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

If there even is a daughter, they are both addicts. The woman said this pill stealing started 4 years ago? 4 plus years on opioids? I see many red flags 

Valued Contributor

I also find it strange beyond asking if she was ok and offering to get her assisatnce  the Op even got involved beyond that once the conversation started down that road and gave out her number not seeing red flags all over the direction that was it  taking considering where she was coming out of -

Respected Contributor

She needed someone to talk to, and it was very kind of you to ask and to listen. You must have a big heart.

A kind gesture can reach a wound that only compassion can heal. ~~ Steve Maraboli
Respected Contributor

Be careful who you believe. Even the thinnest pancake has two sides.  I would be interested in the daughter's side of this story.

Valued Contributor

@Yardlie wrote:

She needed someone to talk to, and it was very kind of you to ask and to listen. You must have a big heart.

Thats just the point -no one really knows if she "needed someone to talk to " or not

If she did there were plenty of people inside that clinic that could have been much more help if she really needed it IMO

Respected Contributor

Surely by now some of these supercilious posts aimed at Lindsays Grandma's effort to help someone have succeeded in frightening her half to death.  

@Lindsays Grandma, if you come to regret giving the woman your personal information, make some proactive steps to rectify the situation.  Call the pain center and relate this story to them.  No doubt there are security cameras in the parking lot.    

Strive for respect instead of attention. It lasts longer.
Esteemed Contributor

@IamMrsG wrote:

Surely by now some of these supercilious posts aimed at Lindsays Grandma's effort to help someone have succeeded in frightening her half to death.  

@Lindsays Grandma, if you come to regret giving the woman your personal information, make some proactive steps to rectify the situation.  Call the pain center and relate this story to them.  No doubt there are security cameras in the parking lot.    

Better yet, call the police, and let them take care of it.

Valued Contributor

@IamMrsG wrote:

No one is trying to scare the poster but she sounds very naive and could have put herself at risk-

Telling her how kind she is while she may be being played isn't helping her either and she may think twice before doing it again -the fact that she did this and believes the story tells me she should be concerned

who gives their name and phone # to a complete  stranger in a parking lot at a pain clinic after being told that story?

The building is filled with professionals trained to deal with such issues and whats the op going to do to remedy any of it anyway?

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

JobGirl wrote:  No one is trying to scare the poster but she sounds very naive and could have put herself at risk-  Telling her how kind she is while she may be being played isn't helping her either and she may think twice before doing it again -the fact that she did this and believes the story tells me she should be concerned who gives their name and phone # to a complete  stranger in a parking lot at a pain clinic after being told that story?  The building is filled with professionals trained to deal with such issues and whats the op going to do to remedy any of it anyway? 

While I agree that Lindsays Grandma used her heart more than her head in that parking lot, I see no good reason for five pages of replies telling her she made an egregious error in judgement.  Why must everyone pile on with their observations and opinions that they would have been smarter?    I see this happen thread after thread.  One-upmanship flourishes here. After the point has been made a time or two, wouldn't a more beneficial reply be to offer suggestions for steps toward protecting herself after the fact?  

Edited to fix wonky spacing.

Strive for respect instead of attention. It lasts longer.