Honored Contributor

Re: I ASKED A WOMAN WHY SHE WAS CRYING

Assuming this is true, I would have marched my behind back into the doctor's office and told the staff.   What they both did was violate their contract with the pain doctor.  But most of all, it left the older woman without enough medication.  And that breaks my heart and make me angry as heck.  

Valued Contributor

I would have approached the lady and asked if she needed help, too.

It is absolutely possible she was telling the truth. What she described happens and it happens to a lot of older folks.

I don't know what I would have done after she told me her problem,  I wasn't in that place in that time.

OP, you are a kind woman.

Regular Contributor

Thank you for your thoughtful posts. I enjoyed reading your comments and appreciated them very much!

Esteemed Contributor

Had I done that the woman would have been dropped immediately, I know how the system works and what it says in the contract.  Informing the doctor's office has to be her choice.  And yes, it makes me angry too and breaks my heart she cannot control her pain for lack of her pills.

@CalminHeart wrote:

Assuming this is true, I would have marched my behind back into the doctor's office and told the staff.   What they both did was violate their contract with the pain doctor.  But most of all, it left the older woman without enough medication.  And that breaks my heart and make me angry as heck.  

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Respected Contributor

All choices have consequences.