Honored Contributor

@dex wrote:

Why wait around while they explore their opportunities to do better...don't be the consolation prize.

@dex

So true!

That reminds me of a saying I heard once, "Never make someone else a priority, when they only consider you an 'option'."

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor
Definitely wait forever. Signed, Miss Havisham
Honored Contributor

@Mominohio wrote:

I'd grieve and move on. 

I've never believed in that whole "one and only soul mate" thing. The world is full of wonderful people, and for every minute we spend forcing relationships that don't work (for whatever reason), or pining away over a lost relationship, is time were missing out on looking for or spending time with people that we are really meant to be with, that will love us and give us someone to love. And I mean this for spouses, friends, etc. 

Jobs, careers...

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Respected Contributor

I would move on. 

However a best friend of mine would choose to pine away her life waiting for him to come back.  She has wasted 2 years of her life now pining away for him and he got married to someone else while she was pining!  She said she won't ever find anyone so wonderful.  I have heard this over and over and over.  She blames herself for the breakup and relives it beating herself up.  I really wish she would move on.  She says she can't and I don't understand.

Esteemed Contributor

This isn't concerning me.

I'm not in my twenties and I haven't been dumped.

Thus, the "hypothetical."

I'm married for over a decade.

I just wanted to know people's thoughts on it.

But thanks anyway! Woman LOL

Honored Contributor

@AuntG wrote:
Definitely wait forever. Signed, Miss Havisham

@AuntG

LOL !!    Yeah, right.

The correct Devil's Advocate reply to that twenty-something would be:    

"And if you waited forever for this person, and they never even looked back, you would have wasted your entire life "waiting" for someone that obviously didn't want you.   Is that how you want to spend your life?  Waiting?"