Honored Contributor

@jubilant wrote:

They say they are expecting 20" of rain but don't expect it to stay on land all that long....I certainly hope that's right. 

Actually, the faster it goes across mexico the better chance it will be stronger when it hits the Gulf of Mexico. With my own interests at heart , sorry Mexico, but I hope it is over land long enough to peter out and just be a rain event.

Respected Contributor

There that black hole is again....now it is called a hurricane.

Scary its a #5 and headed right where we are headed.  

Might find nothing there on land.   Even it if turns to a #4 it is still going to remove buildings, businesses and homes.

I guess I will find out up close and very personal.

Round and round we go where it stops no one knows.

Honored Contributor

@onewhiteSparrow wrote:

Might find nothing there on land.   Even it if turns to a #4 it is still going to remove buildings, businesses and homes.

You can't go there - the areas have been completely evacuated by the Mexican government. Everyone out  of there.

Esteemed Contributor

A Reminder for All

After this natural disaster passes, there will be all sort of folks out there to con others out of their money using this incident for their purposes.  Fake charities, causes, etc.  BEWARE!!!!!!

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Honored Contributor

I'm afraid to travel to any of the tropical areas now-a-days. I'm guessing that there are expected hurricane/monsoon/whatever seasons.  Anyway, hoping and wishing for safety to travelers, and of course, all residents there.  Let's all hope that it  greatly subsides and diverts itself off land. 

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Esteemed Contributor

@onewhiteSparrow wrote:

Sparrow, Are You Serious!!!???

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Respected Contributor

@Puzzle Piece wrote:

A Reminder for All

After this natural disaster passes, there will be all sort of folks out there to con others out of their money using this incident for their purposes.  Fake charities, causes, etc.  BEWARE!!!!!!

Excellent point. 

_____ ,,,^ ._. ^,,,_____
Frequent Contributor

[Image of 5-day forecast and coastal areas under a warning or a watch]

Frequent Contributor

From Weather Channel:

Maximum Sustained Winds Similar to an EF5 Tornado

Patricia's 200 mph winds are nearly equal to the damage produced by an EF5-rated tornado on the Enhanced Fujita Scale. Tornadoes that produce damage that is rated EF5 are estimated to have winds of 201 mph or greater.

According to Dr. Jeff Masters of wunderground.com, the 2011 Joplin, Missouri, tornado produced a few small spots of EF5 damage where winds were estimated to be 201 mph or greater.

As mentioned before, Patricia's hurricane-force winds extend out 30 miles from its center. Its extreme 200 mph winds are confined to a smaller area near the immediate eyewall. 

Respected Contributor

Re: Hurricane Patricia

[ Edited ]

Such a beautiful region of Mexico.  The people of the area are facing a horrible ordeal.  Even if they are evacuated, it will be a long time before they can go home, or enjoy normal serivces.  I've driven through the agricultural area behind  (I guess I mean to the east, north, and south of) the town of Puerta Vallerta--so there will be an effect from destroyed crops as well.

The worst hurricane to hit my town was actually Wilma, which was a strong Cat 3 or minimal 4 when it hit.  A tree came through my roof.  I was in the house for Andrew, but it was a cat 3 where I am.  Katrina was a minimal storm in SE FL but strengthened as it crossed the Gulf.

They are all dangerous and unpredictable, and this one came up almost overnight.