Esteemed Contributor

Matthew is going to be a monster!  Thursday/Fri headed towards the coast. 

I hope it veers east into the Atlantic.

Keep Your Face To The Sunshine and You Will Not See The Shadow
Honored Contributor

May God shelter all in his path

Honored Contributor

Re: Hurricane Matthew

[ Edited ]

@KingstonsMom Come on up!! Party in the house!!! First one to swing on the chandelier or sleep with the scarecrow wins. Smiley Wink

Respected Contributor
Is that appropriate .. ? This is serious stuff to worry about to those in the direct line of disaster..
Esteemed Contributor

@KKlim wrote:
Is that appropriate .. ? This is serious stuff to worry about to those in the direct line of disaster..

@KKlim wrote:

True

The entire east coast may be impacted.  

Keep Your Face To The Sunshine and You Will Not See The Shadow
Esteemed Contributor
Praying this horrific storm veers east.
Respected Contributor

I am in North East Florida and they expect hurricane force winds here even though it most likely will not be a direct hit. I just went to the store, out of water and almost out of canned goods. I got fruit, soup, beans, crackers and water. I have nuts at home so I should be OK with food anyway. 

Super Contributor

My sister works at a call center, non-emergency, in Charleston, and her boss informed the small business they are open fully the entire week. Other businesses are doing the same. 

The service stations near her had lines going 1/4 mile down the road.

Interstate 26 from Charleston to Columbia are switched to 8 lanes, no southbound. I just wonder how emergency trucks will go south. There's bound to be some bumper thumpers somewhere. As of now, no word if they'll close certain areas off. I'm sure the islands will be made to evacuate no matter if Matthew moves off the coast. 

My BiL is a newscaster so he has to stay at the station or in a nearby hotel and ride it out. 

Respected Contributor
Be safe and good luck to everyone in Florida , Carolina's , Georgia, (possible direct line states)...
QVC Customer Care

Hoping all in the path of this tremendous storm are able to stay safe.  Even if it does not make landfall, the impact will still be felt in many areas.  Take care!

Barb

Customer Care