Respected Contributor

Re: Hurricane Laura is Now a Cat 4

Reports say storm surge could be twenty feet.

Honored Contributor

Stay safe everyone! It is going to be a long night.

I head on the news that there is a chance it might strengthen to category 5 before it hits. 

This is going to be bad. I’m praying people are getting to safe places so we don’t have loss of life.

On the news just now someone said 20% of those being told they have to evacuate are refusing to go.

Honored Contributor

I am going to worry about every single one of you all night and donating whatever I can do tomorrow to help.  Heart

Be as safe as you can.  Your neighbors will come running when it's safe to do so.  Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

You are all in my prayers.  I lived through Superstorm Sandy up here in NJ and this Hurricane Laura seems much more frightening.  Please take the precautions necessary while you have the time & evacuate if you are told to do so.   Sometimes we are just no match for the power of Mother Nature.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@willdob3 wrote:

Stay safe everyone! It is going to be a long night.

I head on the news that there is a chance it might strengthen to category 5 before it hits. 

This is going to be bad. I’m praying people are getting to safe places so we don’t have loss of life.

On the news just now someone said 20% of those being told they have to evacuate are refusing to go.

You can't fix stupid @willdob3  Category 5 is winds 157. just heard some winds 150+ now. This is really scary. They expect unsurvivable storm surges. Emergency crews will not be deployed if they are in danger until the storm passes. Dallas has prepared for those that evacuated from Louisiana. DD is in East Texas but on the fringe.  I pray for all to be safe. 

Respected Contributor

To all concerned, please take care of yourselves (and pets).  The reporting about his storm makes it  sound ominous.

Esteemed Contributor

Gosh I hope everyone can find a safe place to ride it out. I know I would want to stay in my home to protect the house and my “stuff.” But it is not worth losing your life over.
Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Respected Contributor

I think it’s time for Stephanie Abrams to go inside, she’s making me nervous 😳

Esteemed Contributor

@tucsongal wrote:

I think it’s time for Stephanie Abrams to go inside, she’s making me nervous 😳

She sought shelter when debris came flying.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Puppy Lips @There might not be any stuff left to protect. Way back when Miami was expecting Hurricane Andrew to hit, no one expected a very dangerous storm when we went to bed. I think it was a Cat 2. People in coastal evacuation zones did evacuate but those inland stayed in their homes as per the evening local reports wherein local officials instructed us to do so. Well, surprise, suprise. This storm went to a Cat 5 and since it was a small size storm the energy driving the winds was extremely concentrated, more so than other, large Cat 5 storms. When we woke up, I lived further north than the eye, there wasn't a tree standing. It was just unbelievable. We had no idea what the people living in the area south of us had been through. It was complete devastation. Nothing standing. Gone. Obliterated. This wasn't a wet storm either. This was all wind. About eight months later, my dad and I went to S. Miami to see a lawyer. The lawyer and his family were living in his office. He showed us a picture of his wife and kids sitting in his bath tub. That was all that remained of his entire house. Nothing else. The family rode out the storm in that bath tub while everything in the house, all the stuff, just flew right by.