Esteemed Contributor

Hurricane Laura is Now a Cat 4

[ Edited ]

This hurricane scares me.

I hope that people are heading the evacuation orders. 

I worry about animals that live in the street and wild animals.

I will keep everyone in her path in my prayers.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Respected Contributor

Re: Hurricane Laura is Now a Cat 3

Just hunkering down here. I'm always worried about the animals. People many times leave their animals behind and have to have people go in and save them later. I would never never leave my babies behind. If they can't go I won't go. 

Regular Contributor

When I heard a direct hit onto Lake Charles, I couldn't help put think of the Busby family from Outdaughtered. Their family (remember Mimi lost her home?) has been through so much with hurricanes. Prayers for all in its path.

Honored Contributor

@Lali1 wrote:

Just hunkering down here. I'm always worried about the animals. People many times leave their animals behind and have to have people go in and save them later. I would never never leave my babies behind. If they can't go I won't go. 

@Lali1 @I'm not sure where you live relative to the storms track but there are many hotels, motels and shelters that take pets. If you live in the evacuation zones they are predicting 20 foot storm surge. The winds will be Cat 4. Take your pets and get out if you're in the evacuation zone. Call relatives and stay with them or just put a search into google for hotels that take pets. Don't stay if you're an evacuation zone. This is a dangerous storm. 

Respected Contributor

@Mindy D wrote:

@Lali1 wrote:

@Lali1 @I'm not sure where you live relative to the storms track but there are many hotels, motels and shelters that take pets. If you live in the evacuation zones they are predicting 20 foot storm surge. The winds will be Cat 4. Take your pets and get out if you're in the evacuation zone. Call relatives and stay with them or just put a search into google for hotels that take pets. Don't stay if you're an evacuation zone. This is a dangerous storm. 

I'm not in the evac zone. I'm just outside of Houston 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Lali1 wrote:

@Mindy D wrote:

@Lali1 wrote:

I'm not in the evac zone. I'm just outside of Houston 

@Lali1 Thank G-d. I just took a screen shot of all the pet friendly hotels in Alabama for you. Thought you lived in Lake Charles. My best to you and your pet babies. 

Honored Contributor

I am fours up from Houston in East Texas and we have businesses and schools closing tomorrow and possibly Friday.  Due to the Tropical Storm warnings which could lead to flooding and Tornadoes with the gusts of hurricane high winds.  Houston is a way to close for my comfort zone @Lali1.  My sister lived there from the 1980's till her death in 2009.  Rita was the only one would could talk her into leaving after the disaster of Katrina.  Be safe.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Respected Contributor

Many prayers for all of you who will be affected by this storm. Stay safe.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Hurricane Laura is Now a Cat 4

Praying for safety for everyone and the animals. Looks like a bad one.

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Honored Contributor

Re: Hurricane Laura is Now a Cat 4

Experts try to give us information we need to not get killed. In this case weather experts.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr