Esteemed Contributor

@SurferWife @akdld - stay safe and keep us posted on how you are doing. Riley1

Respected Contributor

I live in Anchorage. But I did live 10 years In Albuquerque.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@riley1...all is still calm on O'ahu right now (8:25am HST).  We have rain but no strong winds and storms.  It will get worse tonight, but we are prepared.  It is weakening so that is great news.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

@SurferWife wrote:

@Drythe...being from Houston, I’m no stranger to hurricane preparedness. Also, my husband lived many, many years in the US Virgin Islands prior to our move here, and has been through more Cat 5’s than anyone would want to experience. When it comes to being prepared, he is King.

Be safe. I’m from Houston too and lived there during Carla in ‘61. Being a kid, I thought it was fun staying home from school and watching boats going down the streets. You could go out to the beach where Mike Bettis  is broadcasting and give all of us a shout out.

Honored Contributor

The storm reports remind me of a fellow poster who lives on the islands, @MrsSweetieBear, who hasn’t posted since about a year ago.   I really do miss her.  Prayers for all in the path of the storm.  May you be safe and secure.

❤️

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

@OKPrincess wrote:

@SurferWife wrote:

@Drythe...being from Houston, I’m no stranger to hurricane preparedness. Also, my husband lived many, many years in the US Virgin Islands prior to our move here, and has been through more Cat 5’s than anyone would want to experience. When it comes to being prepared, he is King.

Be safe. I’m from Houston too and lived there during Carla in ‘61. Being a kid, I thought it was fun staying home from school and watching boats going down the streets. You could go out to the beach where Mike Bettis  is broadcasting and give all of us a shout out.

@OKPrincess...LOL! Actually, we live on the North Shore of O’ahu, the complete opposite side from where he is reporting. When they start talking about the North Shore, you can think of us!

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Respected Contributor

@SurferWife  thanks for keeping us updated on your safety..  Smiley Happy  Hoping it keeps weakening...

Honored Contributor

Thanks @quadmimi! They generally do weaken as they enter our cooler waters. It’s not expected to make landfall but we will get lots of rain and wind. Our little Toby will be scared, but we will protect him. If you don’t see me post tomorrow it will be because we lost electricity and/or cellular service.

Respected Contributor

@akdld

I hope you and your family will be safe. Praying for the people of Hawaii.

Sleep sweet Bo 3/19/08 8/4/18
Honored Contributor

@SurferWife wrote:

@OKPrincess wrote:

@SurferWife wrote:

@OKPrincess...LOL! Actually, we live on the North Shore of O’ahu, the complete opposite side from where he is reporting. When they start talking about the North Shore, you can think of us!

DH’s daughter (retired Navy) lived in Kauila - hope I spelled it right. They transferred to North Dakota after that.  Anyway take care.