Honored Contributor

Re: Hurricane Irma has sights on Charlston South Carolina for landfall!

The GA coast is under mandatory evacuation starting Saturday now and the governor extended more states of emergency to over 20 counties here.

The good thing to report is my company sent out the monthly bills to all of our customers today.  I handle about 4000 of those.  Hardly one phone call on the mass email which is HIGHLY unusual.  

Hope that means everyone is getting prepped around here.    

Last week we had feeder bands from Harvey come through and Texas is four states away.  This one is coming right up our coast.  Smiley Surprised  

Let the fun begin!  Heart

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

This is just awful one hurricane after another and there is one behind Irma.  Major devastation in St. Maarten and other surrounding islands and those people have no where to go unless they fly out.  I wish Irma would make a sudden turn and miss Flordia, GA, SC, NC or wherever.  Please stay safe if you are in the path of this hurricane.  

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

The latest update on Irma has just come out at 5pm est.

The path shifted west a bit, so now it really looks like Irma will go straight up the center of FL...and there could be severe storm surges on both east and west coasts of FL now...

Winds are also predicted to stay intact enough to be as high as 90 mph as far north as southern GA!!!

Respected Contributor

After we ride out the hurricane, then we have the tornadoes to dodge.