Honored Contributor

Hurricane Irma has sights on Charlston South Carolina for landfall!

I am watching ABC news and they showed on a map that had Charlston getting 12-20 inches of rain there and the surrounding towns by the end of next week...

Batton down the hatches!!!

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Hurricane Irma has sights on Charlston South Carolina for landfall!

@Susan Louise wrote:

I am watching ABC news and they showed on a map that had Charlston getting 12-20 inches of rain there and the surrounding towns by the end of next week...

@Susan Louise....I live in South Carolina, about 10 miles on the other side of Augusta, Georgia.  The local news here said that evacuees from the coast of South Carolina and Georgia (Savannah, etc) are coming here like they did with Hurricane Matthew (both my city and surrounding area including Augusta, GA)  

BUT...our local news also said that as of right now, we don't know if Hurricane IRMA will hit the coast of Georgia and South Carolina OR it's headed OUR WAY...in the middle of Georgia and South Carolina, which included Augusta, GA, and me in SC., on Monday and Tuesday of next week.  But, we should know more by Friday.  Heaven help us all.  Prayers are needed.

Honored Contributor

@shell garden wrote:

@Susan Louise wrote:

@Susan Louise....I live in South Carolina, about 10 miles on the other side of Augusta, Georgia.  The local news here said that evacuees from the coast of South Carolina and Georgia (Savannah, etc) are coming here like they did with Hurricane Matthew (both my city and surrounding area including Augusta, GA)  

BUT...our local news also said that as of right now, we don't know if Hurricane IRMA will hit the coast of Georgia and South Carolina OR it's headed OUR WAY...in the middle of Georgia and South Carolina, which included Augusta, GA, and me in SC., on Monday and Tuesday of next week.  But, we should know more by Friday.  Heaven help us all.  Prayers are needed.

@shell garden  It is looking Miami will have a landfall - or close to it...then Irma will hug the coastline up to GA & SC. Since it is now a 500 mile wide storm, very few will not be effected in FL.

I hope it goes out to sea and just turn right. Unfortunately, there is no steering wheel...prayers for all...

Honored Contributor

I believe that was a possible scenario,  the other scenario was that after it passed through FL and weakened it would take a westerly route.  We'll see......

Honored Contributor

No automatic alt text available.

Posted on our local news about 10 mins. ago.

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Esteemed Contributor

Irma is going to affect alot of people..

Honored Contributor

@Susan Louise

So everybody just get in your cars and drive? What a mess!

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

@LTT1  I wonder if Irma is going to leave a bigger area of distruction than even Harvey...oy!

I'm just basing it on logistics issues to start...

Honored Contributor

Another senerio/path that was just mentioned on CNN is that Irma will go straight up the center of FL and head up to Savannah GA and points north...

Honored Contributor

@Nataliesgramma wrote:

Irma is going to affect alot of people..

@Nataliesgramma  My guess is the entire state of FL, GA and the Carolinas...