Honored Contributor

Hurricane Ian: HSN Only Showing Pre-Recorded Shows

[ Edited ]

HSN is taking precautions and closing down the studio for a couple of days because of Hurricane Ian.  They will only show pre-recorded shows for one or two days.  

Respected Contributor

Re: Hurricane Fiona: HSN Only Showing Pre-Recorded Shows

[ Edited ]

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

HSN is located in St. Petersburg which is very nearby to water. I'm glad they're thinking of their employees' safety.   I live just north of there in Tampa and have become increasingly "concerned," not truly worried, about Ian coming our way.  It'll be here, no doubt about that.  Just hoping it takes a hard turn and leaves us all alone.  Supplies are scarce so it's getting real right now.  I can deal with lots of rain and heavy winds, but I hope that's all we get, and I hope it passes quickly.  Keep us Floridians in your thoughts.  Fingers crossed.

Esteemed Contributor

Hurricane Ian: HSN Only Showing Pre-Recorded Shows

[ Edited ]

I recall a number of years ago a handful of hosts "evacuated" to a backup studio to continue live programming;  I think it was in Tennessee. 

Honored Contributor

@LizzieInSRQ wrote:

The Hurricane's name is Ian.

Fiona has already traveled up to Nova Scotia and is history.

@LizzieInSRQ   Yes, my mistake.  Thank you for that correction. Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

Re: Hurricane Ian: HSN Only Showing Pre-Recorded Shows

Nice to have an employer who puts your safety first.  Everyone living in the area I hope you all stay safe.  

Honored Contributor

@BarbiHollywood I do hope you and all along the expected path of Ian get to breathe a sigh of relief.  Just way too many millions of people and structures are vulnerable right now!

I'm in that small area east and south of you where so far the predictions are not dire for us.  Right now, just absolutely no sun and some minor rain, but I've lived through enough storms now to know they're not over until they're over.

I

Respected Contributor

While Fox was airing the Govs. live news conference on the hurricane, I was curious to see if CNN and MSNBC was carrying it too, nope. Wow what a disservice to their viewers.

Good that HSN is taking this precaution for their employees.

Honored Contributor

So, does that mean they won't be airing the TSV anymore today or tomorrow's TSV or will they just keep airing the midnight's presentation for today's TSV?  Wonder how they would handle tomorrow's TSV.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Hurricane Ian: HSN Only Showing Pre-Recorded Shows

[ Edited ]

Image from NASA ... this is mind boggling ...

Video: See Hurricane Ian from space (baynews9.com)

NASA on Monday tweeted a live view of Hurricane Ian that can be seen from the International Space Station as it flies over the storm. (Photo courtesy of NASA)