Reply
Trusted Contributor
Posts: 1,395
Registered: ‎03-06-2020

Re: Hurricane Ian: HSN Only Showing Pre-Recorded Shows

[ Edited ]

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

@FiddleDeeDee wrote:

@brandiwine wrote:

Nice to have an employer who puts your safety first.  Everyone living in the area I hope you all stay safe.  


@brandiwine  Not really. Though the studio and the CS employees are not working, the ORDER TAKING EMPLOYEES ARE working and are EXPECTED to be work unless they lose power at their homes and MUST contact HSN or they will be written up. Got to get those sales in, don't you know. 

 

For those who wonder, my neighbor and one of my staff work PT for HSN. 


HSN has customer service reps all over the country, they were recently advertising job openings in my part of OH.  If any of the employees are in areas requiring evacuation they cannot force then to stay.  They may not get paid but they cannot force them to continue working if it is getting as bad as they say.


@CrazyDaisy  That's the point: Order Operators are all over the US and overseas as well but THEY are not having their department shut down and those in Florida can't just call out or not work; they'll get written up and possibly fired. Don't assume that just because you're not being evacuated that you can work: you may lose power or don't want to take the risk of being zapped via a power surge.  You either work your schedule not matter where you live or contact your emergency line IF it's an emergency (and you have to show proof that it is) or you're written up. Of course they don't HAVE to work but many of these employees NEED the money AND be able to work from home; this situation can seriously cause them to lose their job  unlike those who work in CS or any other aspect of HSN. IF HSN was so concerned about their employees as they are claiming to be, they would have given EVERY employee the time off and made all orders online or by phone only using the voice option and NOT connecting with a live operator. They didn't. BTW, Order Operators are expected to handle many of the CS issues now which also makes their call time longer which they are ALSO written up if it happens too often.   

 

Bottom line: HSN is a business and will ALWAYS take action to protect their bottom line. Don't give them kudos for caring about their employees when they obviously don't. 

"Coming to ya from Florida"
Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 5,808
Registered: ‎03-20-2010

Re: Hurricane Ian: HSN Only Showing Pre-Recorded Shows


@FiddleDeeDee wrote:

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

@FiddleDeeDee wrote:

@brandiwine wrote:

Nice to have an employer who puts your safety first.  Everyone living in the area I hope you all stay safe.  


@brandiwine  Not really. Though the studio and the CS employees are not working, the ORDER TAKING EMPLOYEES ARE working and are EXPECTED to be work unless they lose power at their homes and MUST contact HSN or they will be written up. Got to get those sales in, don't you know. 

 

For those who wonder, my neighbor and one of my staff work PT for HSN. 


HSN has customer service reps all over the country, they were recently advertising job openings in my part of OH.  If any of the employees are in areas requiring evacuation they cannot force then to stay.  They may not get paid but they cannot force them to continue working if it is getting as bad as they say.


@CrazyDaisy  That's the point: Order Operators are all over the US and overseas as well but THEY are not having their department shut down and those in Florida can't just call out or not work; they'll get written up and possibly fired. You either work or schedule or contact your emergency line IF it's an emergency (and you have to show proof that it is) or you're written up. Of course they don't HAVE to work but many of these employees NEED the money AND be able to work from home; this situation can seriously cause them to lose their job  unlike those who work in CS or any other aspect of HSN. IF HSN was so concerned about their employees as they are claiming to be, they would have given EVERY employee the time off and made all orders online or by phone only. They didn't. BTW, Order Operators are expected to handle many of the CS issues now which also makes their call time longer which they are ALSO written up if it happens too often.   

 

Bottom line: HSN is a business and will ALWAYS take action to protect their bottom line. Don't give them kudos for caring about their employees when they obviously don't. 


Sorry, do not believe for one minute that any employee will be fired for calling off with a hurricane coming and evacuation recommended/required.

 

Many businesses will be closing down in many parts of FL. Not just HSN.  Up north we have to deal with businesses closing from snow and ice storms.  

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Trusted Contributor
Posts: 1,395
Registered: ‎03-06-2020

Re: Hurricane Ian: HSN Only Showing Pre-Recorded Shows


@shoesnbags wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

At least shutting down allows the employees time to make preparations for their own homes and families to weather the storm.  The reports we're getting from the national media sound pretty dire, although you all sound very casual about it.  We're hearing up to 20+" of rain over a long period of time plus wind.  I'd be very worried about my car too.


@Kachina624  I agree. As a many times over hurricane veteran, I can tell you that the poster from Tampa struck me as waaaay too casual about it.  But to each her own, I guess. 


@shoesnbags  If you were referring to me as being WAAAAAY too casual about it, it's because I'm used to working in very serious and dire situations and don't panic until you NEED to panic. You take precautions based on facts and work from there. Where my family is now, is not considered a dangerous location even though we are outside of Tampa. We chose that area specifically for it's location, structure of homes, topography, evacuation routes, etc and pay dearly for that privilege.  I, however, AM in Tampa and will be here during the storm along with other individuals who made the decision to not leave and care for those who need our services/can not be relocated. 

 

If you were referring to someone else, my apologies to you.

"Coming to ya from Florida"
Trusted Contributor
Posts: 1,395
Registered: ‎03-06-2020

Re: Hurricane Ian: HSN Only Showing Pre-Recorded Shows


@CrazyDaisy wrote:

@FiddleDeeDee wrote:

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

@FiddleDeeDee wrote:

@brandiwine wrote:

Nice to have an employer who puts your safety first.  Everyone living in the area I hope you all stay safe.  


@brandiwine  Not really. Though the studio and the CS employees are not working, the ORDER TAKING EMPLOYEES ARE working and are EXPECTED to be work unless they lose power at their homes and MUST contact HSN or they will be written up. Got to get those sales in, don't you know. 

 

For those who wonder, my neighbor and one of my staff work PT for HSN. 


HSN has customer service reps all over the country, they were recently advertising job openings in my part of OH.  If any of the employees are in areas requiring evacuation they cannot force then to stay.  They may not get paid but they cannot force them to continue working if it is getting as bad as they say.


@CrazyDaisy  That's the point: Order Operators are all over the US and overseas as well but THEY are not having their department shut down and those in Florida can't just call out or not work; they'll get written up and possibly fired. You either work or schedule or contact your emergency line IF it's an emergency (and you have to show proof that it is) or you're written up. Of course they don't HAVE to work but many of these employees NEED the money AND be able to work from home; this situation can seriously cause them to lose their job  unlike those who work in CS or any other aspect of HSN. IF HSN was so concerned about their employees as they are claiming to be, they would have given EVERY employee the time off and made all orders online or by phone only. They didn't. BTW, Order Operators are expected to handle many of the CS issues now which also makes their call time longer which they are ALSO written up if it happens too often.   

 

Bottom line: HSN is a business and will ALWAYS take action to protect their bottom line. Don't give them kudos for caring about their employees when they obviously don't. 


Sorry, do not believe for one minute that any employee will be fired for calling off with a hurricane coming and evacuation recommended/required.

 

Many businesses will be closing down in many parts of FL. Not just HSN.  Up north we have to deal with businesses closing from snow and ice storms.  


@CrazyDaisy  Lol. Ok, I'll tell the 2 people who actually WORK for HSN that they are liars because some chick in Ohio says it can't be so. You completely missed the point but, whatever.

"Coming to ya from Florida"
Trusted Contributor
Posts: 1,198
Registered: ‎05-31-2022

Re: Hurricane Fiona: HSN Only Showing Pre-Recorded Shows

It is a huge disservice not to cover the governor's info hurricane information. This storm seems to be getting stronger. so every news channel should be alerting Florida residents. Prayers everyone stays safe and damage is minimal.

Honored Contributor
Posts: 15,905
Registered: ‎11-08-2014

Re: Hurricane Ian: HSN Only Showing Pre-Recorded Shows

Adding my prayers for all in the path of danger for the next few days,  HSN, and the residents and businesses affected.  My brother and sister-in-law are new residents of Florida, and learning just what they have to do.

Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 5,667
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

Re: Hurricane Ian: HSN Only Showing Pre-Recorded Shows


@FiddleDeeDee wrote:

@shoesnbags wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

At least shutting down allows the employees time to make preparations for their own homes and families to weather the storm.  The reports we're getting from the national media sound pretty dire, although you all sound very casual about it.  We're hearing up to 20+" of rain over a long period of time plus wind.  I'd be very worried about my car too.


@Kachina624  I agree. As a many times over hurricane veteran, I can tell you that the poster from Tampa struck me as waaaay too casual about it.  But to each her own, I guess. 


@shoesnbags  If you were referring to me as being WAAAAAY too casual about it, it's because I'm used to working in very serious and dire situations and don't panic until you NEED to panic. You take precautions based on facts and work from there. Where my family is now, is not considered a dangerous location even though we are outside of Tampa. We chose that area specifically for it's location, structure of homes, topography, evacuation routes, etc and pay dearly for that privilege.  I, however, AM in Tampa and will be here during the storm along with other individuals who made the decision to not leave and care for those who need our services/can not be relocated. 

 

If you were referring to someone else, my apologies to you.


Yep, I was referring to someone else.  Apologies accepted.Smiley Wink

Honored Contributor
Posts: 8,646
Registered: ‎03-19-2010

Re: Hurricane Ian: HSN Only Showing Pre-Recorded Shows

It looks like they're doing Wednesday's TSV showing live.  Maybe she's in a different studio?

Honored Contributor
Posts: 10,392
Registered: ‎10-09-2012

Re: Hurricane Ian: HSN Only Showing Pre-Recorded Shows

 

@Icegoddess 

My screen for today's TS has a crawl at the bottom of the screen stating "Previously recorded to keep team members & loved ones safe.  Live broadcast suspended during hurricane Ian."

 

The statement disappears when they are showing the before & after photos of the model using the TS serum, or the animation videos of the product.

Honored Contributor
Posts: 8,646
Registered: ‎03-19-2010

Re: Hurricane Ian: HSN Only Showing Pre-Recorded Shows


@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

 

@Icegoddess 

My screen for today's TS has a crawl at the bottom of the screen stating "Previously recorded to keep team members & loved ones safe.  Live broadcast suspended during hurricane Ian."

 

The statement disappears when they are showing the before & after photos of the model using the TS serum, or the animation videos of the product.


@Caaareful Shopper my screen did not show that last night at midnight.  Didn't watch but about 5 minutes though.  No interest in that product. It gave me bumps.