Honored Contributor

Re: Hurricane Ian: HSN Only Showing Pre-Recorded Shows

At least shutting down allows the employees time to make preparations for their own homes and families to weather the storm.  The reports we're getting from the national media sound pretty dire, although you all sound very casual about it.  We're hearing up to 20+" of rain over a long period of time plus wind.  I'd be very worried about my car too.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

That makes sense but people were not going to go to work anyway.  

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Hurricane Fiona: HSN Only Showing Pre-Recorded Shows

CNN and MSNBC are both showing a news conference with FEMA administrator.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

At least shutting down allows the employees time to make preparations for their own homes and families to weather the storm.  The reports we're getting from the national media sound pretty dire, although you all sound very casual about it.  We're hearing up to 20+" of rain over a long period of time plus wind.  I'd be very worried about my car too.

@Kachina624  I agree. As a many times over hurricane veteran, I can tell you that the poster from Tampa struck me as waaaay too casual about it.  But to each her own, I guess. 

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@brandiwine wrote:

Nice to have an employer who puts your safety first.  Everyone living in the area I hope you all stay safe.  

@brandiwine  Not really. Though the studio and the CS employees are not working, the ORDER TAKING EMPLOYEES ARE working and are EXPECTED to be work unless they lose power at their homes and MUST contact HSN or they will be written up. Got to get those sales in, don't you know. 

For those who wonder, my neighbor and one of my staff work PT for HSN. 

"Coming to ya from Florida"
Respected Contributor

@millieshops   Thanks.  I hope, too, that we don't get hit...or hit hard.  Right now, the sun is out, the white, puffy clouds look so pretty in the blue sky.  Hard to believe what lies ahead.  Fingers crossed.  Denis Philips is an amazing weatherman.  I've been following him all day trying not to overthink it and over-stress.  I can deal with rain and wind, but please don't let our power go out.  TECO's been very good to us over the past 25 years of living in FL.  Good luck to you, too!  Keep in touch.

Esteemed Contributor

@FiddleDeeDee wrote:

@brandiwine wrote:

Nice to have an employer who puts your safety first.  Everyone living in the area I hope you all stay safe.  

@brandiwine  Not really. Though the studio and the CS employees are not working, the ORDER TAKING EMPLOYEES ARE working and are EXPECTED to be work unless they lose power at their homes and MUST contact HSN or they will be written up. Got to get those sales in, don't you know. 

For those who wonder, my neighbor and one of my staff work PT for HSN. 

HSN has customer service reps all over the country, they were recently advertising job openings in my part of OH.  If any of the employees are in areas requiring evacuation they cannot force then to stay.  They may not get paid but they cannot force them to continue working if it is getting as bad as they say.

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Esteemed Contributor

@Johnnyeager Yes it was in Nashville Tenessee, I remember that, I believe maybe Hurricane Irma??

Not sure but I recall Bobbie Ray Carter being on for hours and hours in that studio.  I don't remember seeing any of the other hosts!  

Honored Contributor

@Johnnyeager wrote:

I recall a number of years ago a handful of hosts "evacuated" to a backup studio to continue live programming;  I think it was in Tennessee. 

I can remember one tme they went to Nashville, and once to Atlanta. 

Honored Contributor

My family in St Pete were already told to evacuate.