Reply
Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Posts: 2,688
Registered: ‎12-07-2012

Re: Hurricane Dorian has eyes on Florida...

Now they're saying

the Bahamas will get slammed and coastal FL, GA, SC, and maybe NC.

 

This is awful.  Been sick to my stomach worrying.  Am praying to any and all higher powers to keep people safe.

 

Denise
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 7,845
Registered: ‎05-23-2011

Re: Hurricane Dorian has eyes on Florida...

My youngest daughter just arrived in The Outer Banks with her family and in-laws this morning. 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor
Posts: 10,075
Registered: ‎05-01-2010

Re: Hurricane Dorian has eyes on Florida...


@JaneMarple wrote:

My youngest daughter just arrived in The Outer Banks with her family and in-laws this morning. 


@JaneMarple.  Don’t they usually evacuate the Outer Banks?

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 7,845
Registered: ‎05-23-2011

Re: Hurricane Dorian has eyes on Florida...


@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@JaneMarple wrote:

My youngest daughter just arrived in The Outer Banks with her family and in-laws this morning. 


@JaneMarple.  Don’t they usually evacuate the Outer Banks?


Yes they do @proudlyfromNJ but they're waiting which frustrates me to no end.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor
Posts: 10,075
Registered: ‎05-01-2010

Re: Hurricane Dorian has eyes on Florida...


@JaneMarple wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@JaneMarple wrote:

My youngest daughter just arrived in The Outer Banks with her family and in-laws this morning. 


@JaneMarple.  Don’t they usually evacuate the Outer Banks?


Yes they do @proudlyfromNJ but they're waiting which frustrates me to no end.


@JaneMarple.  I can imagine the frustration. Hope it heads out to sea.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 5,553
Registered: ‎08-08-2013

Re: Hurricane Dorian has eyes on Florida...

Well, it looks like we dodged a bullet yet again.  I hope this thing heads out to the sea and nobody is affected..... The media can drive you crazy.  Every channel has a different version and the "not knowing" can drive a person crazy.  All in all - with all the reporting, nobody knew anything.  """"it could go ANYWHERE""""    Well - that's good news..... NOT

 

After awhile, when (and I say "when") the next one hits - nobody is going to pay attention and it's really going to hit someplace.  The media has to stop with their histrionics.  It doesn't help and can really do a lot of damage.  JMO

 

Thanks to all - and let's hope this thing goes away and doesn't cause catastrophic damage.  The news is catastrophic enough for me........

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 5,052
Registered: ‎11-15-2011

Re: Hurricane Dorian has eyes on Florida...

[ Edited ]

Before you say, "we dodged the bullet", Google Hurricane Charley  and read about it's path.  

 

They can change the path quickly! 

 

Unfortunately, all forcasting is a guess by looking at the Highs and Lows and their movement!

 

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor
Posts: 146
Registered: ‎07-19-2018

Re: Hurricane Dorian has eyes on Florida...

@SophiaMarie

Well said!!!!! I wish I could give you multiple hearts on your response. I live in the NE part of the state. Today I was outside doing general yard work. NOT a single bird chirping, squirrel running about, my neighbor's dogs didn't even come over to say their morning hello.
??????
Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Posts: 3,167
Registered: ‎07-25-2010

Re: Hurricane Dorian has eyes on Florida...


@FLSUNFUN wrote:
@SophiaMarie

Well said!!!!! I wish I could give you multiple hearts on your response. I live in the NE part of the state. Today I was outside doing general yard work. NOT a single bird chirping, squirrel running about, my neighbor's dogs didn't even come over to say their morning hello.
??????

The animals have a good sense that something is up.