Respected Contributor

Re: Hurricane Dorian has eyes on Florida...

Now they're saying

the Bahamas will get slammed and coastal FL, GA, SC, and maybe NC.

This is awful.  Been sick to my stomach worrying.  Am praying to any and all higher powers to keep people safe.

Denise
Honored Contributor

My youngest daughter just arrived in The Outer Banks with her family and in-laws this morning. 

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Honored Contributor

@JaneMarple wrote:

My youngest daughter just arrived in The Outer Banks with her family and in-laws this morning. 

@JaneMarple.  Don’t they usually evacuate the Outer Banks?

Honored Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@JaneMarple wrote:

Yes they do @proudlyfromNJ but they're waiting which frustrates me to no end.

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Honored Contributor

@JaneMarple wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@JaneMarple wrote:

Yes they do @proudlyfromNJ but they're waiting which frustrates me to no end.

@JaneMarple.  I can imagine the frustration. Hope it heads out to sea.

Esteemed Contributor

Well, it looks like we dodged a bullet yet again.  I hope this thing heads out to the sea and nobody is affected..... The media can drive you crazy.  Every channel has a different version and the "not knowing" can drive a person crazy.  All in all - with all the reporting, nobody knew anything.  """"it could go ANYWHERE""""    Well - that's good news..... NOT

After awhile, when (and I say "when") the next one hits - nobody is going to pay attention and it's really going to hit someplace.  The media has to stop with their histrionics.  It doesn't help and can really do a lot of damage.  JMO

Thanks to all - and let's hope this thing goes away and doesn't cause catastrophic damage.  The news is catastrophic enough for me........

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Before you say, "we dodged the bullet", Google Hurricane Charley  and read about it's path.  

They can change the path quickly! 

Unfortunately, all forcasting is a guess by looking at the Highs and Lows and their movement!

Frequent Contributor

@sophiamarie

Well said!!!!! I wish I could give you multiple hearts on your response. I live in the NE part of the state. Today I was outside doing general yard work. NOT a single bird chirping, squirrel running about, my neighbor's dogs didn't even come over to say their morning hello.
??????
Respected Contributor

@Kimnola wrote:
@sophiamarie

Well said!!!!! I wish I could give you multiple hearts on your response. I live in the NE part of the state. Today I was outside doing general yard work. NOT a single bird chirping, squirrel running about, my neighbor's dogs didn't even come over to say their morning hello.
??????

The animals have a good sense that something is up.