Respected Contributor

Re: Hurricane Dorian has eyes on Florida...

Wishing you all well.   We live in tornado alley and while that is never pleasant during the Spring/Summer months - at least we have a much briefer window of fear from the time of notification until it has passed.  I cannot imagine worrying about it for days and days.

On a side note a reporter was covering the crush of shoppers at a nearby grocery during an ice storm warning once - people were stocking up on MILK - milk?  during a power outage?   I'm saying go for the wine Woman Tongue

Honored Contributor

Prayers for all who will be affected, hoping it can be downgraded somehow. Hope people will be able to get the help they will need.

"You call him The Edge, I just call him The"
Honored Contributor

My prayers go out for all affected by this storm.❤️

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Respected Contributor

@Kimnola 

Come on up to Savannah.  We have been incredibly lucky with hurricanes so far.  Even though they have said we were in the path,  somehow, we dodge the worst part of the bullet.  Praise God !.    

Frequent Contributor

@Georgiagrama
Thanks for the invite! To those who asked about purchases at Home Depot, Yes particle board previously used, or wood went out to sea with homes on the coast, or taking no chances this time and buying plywood. I wish we could afford the heavy alunimum pull down exterior window shutters that bolt down. 1962/1963 Hurricane Dora cat 1/2 really shut us down. Of course that was way back then. P.S. I also purchased on sale mulch and sand for sandbags we own. Mulch in case we dodge the bullet and I can finish the landscaping up front....or start over 😏 Plenty of pantry goods still on shelves here in grocery.
Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@Kimnola wrote:
@Georgiagrama
Thanks for the invite! To those who asked about purchases at Home Depot, Yes particle board previously used, or wood went out to sea with homes on the coast, or taking no chances this time and buying plywood. I wish we could afford the heavy alunimum pull down exterior window shutters that bolt down. 1962/1963 Hurricane Dora cat 1/2 really shut us down. Of course that was way back then. P.S. I also purchased on sale mulch and sand for sandbags we own. Mulch in case we dodge the bullet and I can finish the landscaping up front....or start over 😏 Plenty of pantry goods still on shelves here in grocery.

@Kimnola 

And everyone in Florida who may be in danger.  Don't wait if you are asked to leave.  Savannah will take care of you!!    

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Spurt 

Thank you but I'm home up north (last 2 hurricanes I was here) I  am suppose to fly home Saturday but I think Dorian has other plans for me😉

I won't care I can spend more time with my GD and my new great nephew who was born Tuesday🙂.

My spouse figures I've been here 3 weeks what's another week🤷‍♀️

Honored Contributor

@homedecor1 

Congratulations on the newest family baby!

Yes, sometimes it is more fun to just stay put and enjoy!

I hope everyone stays safe in the path of Dorian💗

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

I am going to pray and light a blessed candle ,and keep a vigil for as long as this storm lasts..We all need  to pray for Fla, that believes in the power of prayers..

Esteemed Contributor

Hi all - we are in Miami and still don't know what is going on.  They keep changing their stories minute to minute.  It's an old story.

We suvived Hurricane Andrew (Cat 5_ and I hope we survive this one too.  We are as ready as we can be.  We have accordian shutters (just pull them together and lock them on all the doors and windows)...... A "whole house" generator, so when the power goes off, our power goes on 15 seconds later and everything is lit up again.  

I Just saw where it will hit West Palm Bch (but who knows).....Wherever it hits, we will get really bad weather for sure.

Keep us in your thoughts......