Honored Contributor

Hurricane Dorian has eyes on Florida...

[ Edited ]

Praying for all those in the path this Labor Day weekend. Current predictions are that it will be a CAT 4 when it makes landfall somewhere on the east coast.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Hurricane Dorian has eyes on Florida...

It’s changed direction quite a bit since the first projections, going far north of the path predicted just a day or so ago. Not saying it won’t hit Florida, since it’s certainly tracking north and west and Florida is big as heck in front of it. But where she’ll blow nobody knows right this minute. 

The best way to track these named storms and understand their potential is on the site of the National Hurricane Center. You can track Atlantic and Pacific storms. 

https://www.nhc.noaa.gov

That site is full of facts, map tracks, projections and official bulletins. It can keep a good watch for folks in the paths of these things or those who have relatives that might be vulnerable. Hurricane season is in effect until the end of November. 

Take a look and get familiar with the site tools. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@gizmogal wrote:

It’s changed direction quite a bit since the first projections, going far north of the path predicted just a day or so ago. Not saying it won’t hit Florida, since it’s certainly tracking north and west and Florida is big as heck in front of it. But where she’ll blow nobody knows right this minute. 

The best way to track these named storms and understand their potential is on the site of the National Hurricane Center. You can track Atlantic and Pacific storms. 

https://www.nhc.noaa.gov

That site is full of facts, map tracks, projections and official bulletins. It can keep a good watch for folks in the paths of these things or those who have relatives that might be vulnerable. Hurricane season is in effect until the end of November. 

Take a look and get familiar with the site tools. 

@gizmogal  It is a given this many days out the path will change. It will also become more defined where/if it makes landfall as each day/hour passes.

I watch the weather channel throughout the day...everyday. Over the years I have found there are still many folks on the forums that don't pay attention to the weather daily and sometimes hourly like I do. So I thought it was time to post info  Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@Susan Louise  From your lips to Gods ears, let's all pray it is an uneventful weekend, no loss of life.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Weather channel a great tool we have.  Information has saved a lot of lives.  Heads up.............................

Honored Contributor

Praying for Puerto Rico right now.

Doesn't seem to be any question that Hurrican Dorian will make a visit.

Honored Contributor

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

Praying for Puerto Rico right now.

Doesn't seem to be any question that Hurrican Dorian will make a visit.

Haven't the Puerto Ricans suffered through enough?

Frequent Contributor

We are in the St. Augustine area and spent the day at Home Depot. Most importantly, a Get the heck out of here bag. Needs for our cat, Safe contents, i.e. birth certificates, insurance, before photos of exterior and interior dated. Also 2 paintings wrapped and blanketed. Food and water. God bless to all our fellow Floridians and qvc supporters too at this time. Maybe she will turn Northeast and go out sea.
Honored Contributor

My younger sister thinks she's a Meteorologist. She sends me weather reports all the time. Both my sisters live in Jacksonville. I also have a SIL in Kissimmee. They are all staying where they are.

Frequent Contributor

@Nightowlz- LOL. Our family is staying put too. But just in case, and storm looks like she starts to intensify, changes paths and wants to rearrange the city we will go see your sisters in Jax. (Just kidding) Too funny. Thanks for the smile.