Honored Contributor

Re: Hurricane Dog Takes His Food to Higher Ground! (Happy story)

I'm glad there is at least one story that isn't heartbreaking. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

Wonderful story @KingstonsMom !

Honored Contributor

That picture was cute but also very sad.  I can't believe these people leave their pets chained up and leave.  Sick.  Your pets are helpless in this kind of situation, please take your pets with you.  Cat Happy

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

I read this was a companion dog for the young child. They left the dog in the home and Grandpa who lives down the street was to check on him. Grandpa put him on the screened porch and the dog escaped. He went down to Grandpa's and got the food and took it back home.

I will never leave my dog during a storm...she will go with us come heck or high water. Sounds like the owners are not the most responsible. I hope this dog is never ran over.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**Careful... I have caps lock and I am not afraid to use it.**
Honored Contributor

I would never leave my dogs to fend for themselves.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Esteemed Contributor

@Poodlepet2 wrote:

@KingstonsMom, there's a great article in The Huffington Post Lifestyle section about a hawk that sought refuge in a cab and refused to get it!

I can believe the driver would do this, but he took the bird home with him (he didn't mention safety precautions like putting some kind of covering over the birds eyes)!

He fed it some chicken hearts....and thankfully Wildlife Rescue was able to pick up the bird....

Poodlepet2

@Poodlepet2 -Yikes, thats a brave cabbie...I've always thought hawks were beautiful. I rescued an owl once, and all was well, till I got a look at its talons, I went weak in the knees, honestly.  A vet got him all fixed up for us, he is flying free now Smiley Happy I sure hope anyway.

I'm glad wildlife rescue was able to get the hawk.