Respected Contributor

Re: Hunting related product sold by QVC

I don't like when hunters hide and shoot their unsuspecting prey.

The deer,bear,bird etc. didn't have a chance.

I cheer when they get away!{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

As far as what qvc sells they will sell anything to make a buck!

Honored Contributor

If people didn't hunt, you wouldn't be able to drive down many roads due to all the deer on the highways. They had to have a mass slaughter of deer in Valley Forge National Park a couple years ago because the hoards of deer were making travel in the park dangerous. It also gets to the point where there is not enough for them to eat and many starve. Is there nothing on these boards people won't complain about? Sometimes it gets a little ridiculous. People get emotional about such issues and conveniently forget the practical aspects.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

On 9/19/2014 Preds said:

At one time they sold lures and something like the pocket fisherman rod.

One of the funniest things I ever saw was Kathy Levine selling a Pocket Fisherman.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Super Contributor

Personally I don't like hunting, however I believe in the free market and if you don't like it protest with your pocketbook. I get so tired of this "I'm offended so you should stop doing what you are doing." Anyway. Pounce away.
Respected Contributor

On 9/19/2014 kachina624 said: If people didn't hunt, you wouldn't be able to drive down many roads due to all the deer on the highways. They had to have a mass slaughter of deer in Valley Forge National Park a couple years ago because the hoards of deer were making travel in the park dangerous. It also gets to the point where there is not enough for them to eat and many starve. Is there nothing on these boards people won't complain about? Sometimes it gets a little ridiculous. People get emotional about such issues and conveniently forget the practical aspects.

I have been a country girl my entire life. I understand the purpose behind managed hunts. If there were none, wildlife would literally be jumping through living room windows or kicking down kitchen doors in search of food - or dying of wasting disease and other forms of starvation.

Valued Contributor

my late dad was born in Michigan in1913---he hunted all his life---he was an ethical hunter---when I was a kid, he would take us quail hunting---no dogs were involved---ever----I always felt sad,but we ate what he hunted
Respected Contributor

On 9/19/2014 Rooney1 said: Personally I don't like hunting, however I believe in the free market and if you don't like it protest with your pocketbook. I get so tired of this "I'm offended so you should stop doing what you are doing." Anyway. Pounce away.

It isn't a protest if you quietly sit on your pocketbook. And I'm sorry if you feel disagreement is an of act of pouncing. This forum is to exchange thoughts and opinions. Not everyone is going to be in agreement and that is okay.

_____ ,,,^ ._. ^,,,_____
Respected Contributor

We buy our supplies at Cabella's or Bass Pro Shop. I wouldn't have thought of looking here.

Valued Contributor

he also fished and all we girls fished with him----in the Great Lakes, Gulf of Mexico, rivers in Co and everywhere-----I have 3 sisters and he taught us all
Respected Contributor

On 9/19/2014 esmeraldagooch said:

We buy our supplies at Cabella's or Bass Pro Shop. I wouldn't have thought of looking here.

We live right outside Bass Pro's World Headquarters (Springfield, MO). Brad Paisley was on stage doing a concert here once and said to the audience,

Hey, anybody out there know where a guy could get a good fishing lure around here?

The crowd just hooted and hollered {#emotions_dlg.biggrin} Then Bass Pro rolled out a brand new shiny boat for Brad to sit on while he sang the Fishing Song.