Regular Contributor

Re: Hunting related product sold by QVC

nm

Respected Contributor

I just love conservation kill off those pesky animals but keep making humans..brilliant idea.. then we can complain about the GMO's in food because as we keep expanding our population we are doing nothing for the worlds food sources which is getting smaller. But by all means kill off the animals for sport.

Honored Contributor

I do not have a problem hunting, fishing, or the killing of any insect or rodent.

Does anyone scoop up a cockroach and shooo it back outside?? You cannot have it both ways.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Respected Contributor

On 9/19/2014 beckyb1012 said:

I do not have a problem hunting, fishing, or the killing of any insect or rodent.

Does anyone scoop up a cockroach and shooo it back outside?? You cannot have it both ways.

I don't have cockroaches living in my house. {#emotions_dlg.rolleyes} But I agree you can't have it both ways. People can not complain about all the chemicals in food when they are destroying all our natural resources for sport or because they get in the way.

Super Contributor

QVC sells leather shoes & bags, crabcakes, steakburgers. What's the difference. And, fishing is considered hunting. Some people hunt to survive. I don't belive in hunting for a trophy head or antlers. If you don't like it don't watch or write Jane Velez-Mitchell.

Respected Contributor

I'm not understanding some of the replies here. They seem to be unrelated.

Jane Velez-Mitchell? What does she have to do with QVC?

I highly doubt anyone who is hunting to survive is looking to purchase hunting merchandise from QVC. If they were how could they afford a $629 Garmin GPS for their dog?

_____ ,,,^ ._. ^,,,_____
Respected Contributor

On 9/19/2014 mousiegirl said:

I am totally against hunting. I can't understand how anyone can kill a beautiful, innocent animal, and those that do are sickos!

LOL. First of all, no one in our family hunts or has ever hunted. I don't get it, either, but many people do consider it a sport. As far as food plots and salt licks they're illegal here and in many states. The deer population does need to be culled, and there are specific limits/procedures to do that in the form of DMU permits, limits for deer, and bag limits for other animals. I understand that that needs to be done but, just because I couldn't do it, you won't hear me calling people who do, "sickos."

I'm assuming you don't eat meat or wear leather. I don't eat meat (because I don't like it), but I do wear leather. Plenty of people rail on about hunters, but never think about how that slab of meat got on their plate or the shoes got on their feet. They don't call it a slaughterhouse for nothing.

QVC has no "image," and is going to continue to sell... whatever sells.

What worries you masters you.
Respected Contributor

On 9/19/2014 Moonlady said:

I am totally against hunting. I can't understand how anyone can kill a beautiful, innocent animal, and those that do are sickos!

LOL. First of all, no one in our family hunts or has ever hunted. I don't get it, either, but many people do consider it a sport. As far as food plots and salt licks they're illegal here and in many states. The deer population does need to be culled, and there are specific limits/procedures to do that in the form of DMU permits, limits for deer, and bag limits for other animals. I understand that that needs to be done but, just because I couldn't do it, you won't hear me calling people who do, "sickos."

I'm assuming you don't eat meat or wear leather. I don't eat meat (because I don't like it), but I do wear leather. Plenty of people rail on about hunters, but never think about how that slab of meat got on their plate or the shoes got on their feet. They don't call it a slaughterhouse for nothing.

QVC has no "image," and is going to continue to sell... whatever sells.

Hunting to survive is not the same as hunting for sport..

Respected Contributor

Some times the almighty dollar overshadows common decency.

Trusted Contributor

You don't want to come to the U.P. Of Michigan with that attitude. Deer season is practically a state holiday up here. To the op -- what image does QVC have that goes against selling hunting gear?