Honored Contributor

Re: Hungry Families this Year

Yes indeed, if only the wealthy white collar tax and PPP cheats received half as much scrutiny and criticism.

"You call him The Edge, I just call him The"
QVC Customer Care

Esteemed Contributor

I received a donation request in the mail from Salvation Army, and it occurred to me that they won't be out this year ringing their bells. They are a good organization (IMO) who help a lot of people, and I plan on sending them a donation by mail this year. It seems that many of the canned food drives are not being held this year, so cash donations are probably very welcome to them.

Respected Contributor

@jannabelle1  Our bell ringers are out in and outside stores. The local paper had several contacts to sign up. Wal-Mart used to make them stand outside and this year allowed inside. 

Three of the local churches are still doing Operation Christmas, curbside this year. 300 families in a small town sign up and gifts for the  all children. They work with Feed Our People. SA donates the coupons for the meat. It was my Mother's  favorite charity. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Gorgf, I'm so glad to hear that the SA bell ringers are still out there. I hope I see them tomorrow at my local grocer! I think the Salvation Army is wonderful too....they provided my grandmother with "naked dolls" for many years. She sewed clothing for all of them so that the SA could distribute them to needy families at Christmas. She was my inspiration and so I always support Salvation Army.

Respected Contributor

I have always give to food banks & animal shelters too gave a little more when we got the stimulus check this year. I can't figure out why they give the turkeys (need to be cooked) wonder if they have electric or gas to cook it or are able to do it. It's not just a holiday thing, it's year round that they need donations. I usually give to those 2 charities in July (not much but something) my daughter twice went threw drive thru and someone paid for her, if you can play it forward it makes it so nice & fun for the person in back of you.