Honored Contributor

Re: Human-Monkey Hybrid Embryo Was Just Created by U.S. and Chinese Scientists

@Ketra wrote:

@Mindy D wrote:

I went to “El Paiz” and other US news sites about this story. I get the feeling that this story will turn out to be fake news. I’m remaining skeptical that this research has ever taken place in China, by this Spanish researcher. 

@Mindy D  You are familiar with MIT. As I stated in my previous post they reported it as well in their article at the site below.

MIT just released this article on the subject -

https://www.technologyreview.com/s/614052/scientists-are-making-human-monkey-hybrids-in-china/

I also saw it reported on two major news channels, however, I trust MIT.

I know. I went to the MIT site too. I’m not doubting you at all. I’m doubting that this news is real. We will have to wait and see. 

Honored Contributor

Honored Contributor

The report isn’t true. I heard several doctors say it isn’t factually sound. Cells are totally different in humans and monkeys so using the monkey stem cell won’t work. Whew!

Trusted Contributor

@Mindy D wrote:

@Ketra wrote:

@Mindy D wrote:

I went to “El Paiz” and other US news sites about this story. I get the feeling that this story will turn out to be fake news. I’m remaining skeptical that this research has ever taken place in China, by this Spanish researcher. 

@Mindy D  You are familiar with MIT. As I stated in my previous post they reported it as well in their article at the site below.

MIT just released this article on the subject -

https://www.technologyreview.com/s/614052/scientists-are-making-human-monkey-hybrids-in-china/

I also saw it reported on two major news channels, however, I trust MIT.

I know. I went to the MIT site too. I’m not doubting you at all. I’m doubting that this news is real. We will have to wait and see. 

@Mindy D  Well, if it helps the U.S. scientists are from the Salk Institute For Biological Studies, La Jolla, CA. It is illegal to do the research here, hence why the scientist are collaborating with Chinese scientist in China.

Honored Contributor

I think all of us that are interested might enjoy this article about the Dr.’s previous work. https://www.sciencemag.org/news/2019/06/embryo-experiments-take-baby-steps-toward-growing-human-orga...

Honored Contributor

@Ketra wrote:

The latest is scientists from the USA and China are currently working on creating a half human, half monkey creature in order to grow human compatible organs. Humans are capable of such wondrous things, and also the most heinous things imaginable. We are our own worst enemy. 

https://singularityhub.com/2019/08/13/wait-what-the-first-human-monkey-hybrid-embryo-was-just-create...

Check out this article. https://www.sciencemag.org/news/2019/06/embryo-experiments-take-baby-steps-toward-growing-human-orga...

Trusted Contributor

@lovesrecess wrote:

The report isn’t true. I heard several doctors say it isn’t factually sound. Cells are totally different in humans and monkeys so using the monkey stem cell won’t work. Whew!

@lovesrecess  They are doing the experiments. What the other doctors are saying is that a monkey could not yield organs that are of a sufficient size for human usage so that the experiment must be for other reasons. You can be in denial all you want, but MIT is the best research and learning institution in this country and they don’t do fake news. They only care about facts. As does the Salk Institute.  Believe what you will. If you don’t think they have the ability now to combine, alter and manipulate human and animal DNA for their own uses, you are sadly mistaken. I wish to God they didn’t have that ability, but they will cross every boundry.

Honored Contributor

Honored Contributor

Slippery snopes!
Honored Contributor

Really frightening to me.

😱 

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras