Respected Contributor

Re: Hugh Hefner 88 yrs old-Ewwww

On 3/25/2015 KittyLouSoutenu said:
On 3/25/2015 beammeupscottie said:
On 3/25/2015 Shaunac said:
On 3/25/2015 TaxyLady said:

I feel bad for Hugh Heffner. He had/has such a wasted life and such a degrading one. If only he channeled his efforts into something worthwhile. He could have done so much for the Lord's work but he made his choice. One day he will bow down before God and have to give an account of his life. What a sad thought.

Oh brother.

Not everyone is as into "the Lord" as you.

That's okay....perhaps when he dies God will not be "into him" either.

Doesn't God love everyone equally? Sinners and Saints and everyone in between?

Yes! And he wants all to be saved. However, he makes it plain that if you won't know Him he won't know you.

Many people think of God as a nice sweet ole grandpa or perhaps Santa Claus. That's fine but that is not the God of the OT and NT.

Esteemed Contributor

I was already feeling a little queasy this morning.

This is going to put me over the edge.

*barf*

Please share the barf bucket

It's God's job to judge the terrorists. It's our mission to arrange the meeting. U.S. Marines
Super Contributor

I wonder if they all wanted to be "Head Bunny".

Oh, sorry........

Smile

Super Contributor

On 3/25/2015 betteb said:

I was already feeling a little queasy this morning.

This is going to put me over the edge.

*barf*

Please share the barf bucket

Mine's full.

Respected Contributor

Oh, sorry........

Smile

You are such a naughty kitty and always make me laugh!

Super Contributor

I feel bad for Hugh Heffner. He had/has such a wasted life and such a degrading one. If only he channeled his efforts into something worthwhile. He could have done so much for the Lord's work but he made his choice. One day he will bow down before God and have to give an account of his life. What a sad thought.

Oh brother.

Yes! And he wants all to be saved. However, he makes it plain that if you won't know Him he won't know you.

Many people think of God as a nice sweet ole grandpa or perhaps Santa Claus. That's fine but that is not the God of the OT and NT.

So he'll (assuming God is a He) love you but won't know you?

How does that work?

Super Contributor

Oh, sorry........

Smile

You are such a naughty kitty and always make me laugh!

Kitties just wanna have fu-un. OH OH, kitties just wanna have fun.

Esteemed Contributor

He has always been and still is a pig.

Respected Contributor

Oh brother.

How does that work?

Oh, Kitty, I could try to explain it to you, but I would much rather you would do a study with a theologian capable of explaining it better than me. I fear the limits of internet communication would leave my explanation lacking. Indeed would appear not loving. I don't want to do that because it is too important. I know how it can "come off" on these boards and my intention is never to cause offense. Also, I have never tried to push it as some think I have. Have only commented when I see discussions such as this take a turn to mocking.

What I would like to say is this: at the very very worst experience in my life, a tragic death, I was introduced to an amazing pastor who taught me about the love of Christ. When I found out that He loved me through no action of my own, it was as if a great weight were lifted. Experiences as a child in a church that preached nothing but Law and no Gospel had turned me off and I hadn't attended in years. The truth set me free.

That's all I'd like to say about it. I just try not to say too much but when I feel God is mocked I usually speak up.

Respected Contributor

Oh brother.

How does that work?

Oh, Kitty, I could try to explain it to you, but I would much rather you would do a study with a theologian capable of explaining it better than me. I fear the limits of internet communication would leave my explanation lacking. Indeed would appear not loving. I don't want to do that because it is too important. I know how it can "come off" on these boards and my intention is never to cause offense. Also, I have never tried to push it as some think I have. Have only commented when I see discussions such as this take a turn to mocking.

What I would like to say is this: at the very very worst experience in my life, a tragic death, I was introduced to an amazing pastor who taught me about the love of Christ. When I found out that He loved me through no action of my own, it was as if a great weight were lifted. Experiences as a child in a church that preached nothing but Law and no Gospel had turned me off and I hadn't attended in years. The truth set me free.

That's all I'd like to say about it. I just try not to say too much but when I feel God is mocked I usually speak up.

Thank you for doing that, Scottie. I hate the mocking as well, it's cringeworthy, but many posters enjoy doing it, obviously. You did a great job explaining your opinion in a non-offensive (even to the mockers) way.

"Summer afternoon-summer afternoon; to me those have always been the two most beautiful words in the English language." ~Henry James