Esteemed Contributor

Re: Hugh Hefner 88 yrs old-Ewwww

On 3/25/2015 lacey1 said:
On 3/25/2015 hckynut said: I think the title you chose for this thread is disgusting. Wonder the response if I replaced the name in this thread with someone of my opposite gender? I also ain't too fond of the words in the body of your original post to your title!

If we were talking about an 88 year old woman that made her living out of exploiting young boys-I would certainly say, 'Ewww' to that, too. Can you think of a woman that has done that? If you can, please inform us.

I will stand by my statement that Hefner kept a 'stable' of women, and loaned them to his friends. IMO: Hugh Hefner, Bill Cosby, Jerry Sandusky and others that have positioned themselves to sexually abuse other's are disgusting.

Why are you taking such offense? Are you a fan?

lacey1...If Hugh were, let's say, 38 years old...would your OP have read "Hugh Hefner 38 years old Ewwwwww'....

"Can you imagine having to service 'young' Hugh"...

It would not have been worded that way, so it appears to be Hugh's age that is causing the "Ewwwwwwws"...and I can understand the offense some would take with that, as it really should have nothing to do with age at all.

~~Formerly known as "WildFlowers"~~
Honored Contributor

I don't think it's a coincidence that Hef and Bill Cosby were such good friends.

Honored Contributor

On 3/25/2015 KittyLouSoutenu said:
On 3/25/2015 sidsmom said:

Sad that many look upon Hugh Hefner with a closed mind. He did more to liberate women than anyone. He brought in the sexual revolution. Women of my generation, growing up in he 50-60's could've had a totally different life if Hugh Hefner didn't exist. BTW...Thank god for that!

Also, many famous & important authors of our generation were discovered within the pages of Playboy magazine.

To have his family working for the company, daughter, Christie, as CEO for many years & son, Cooper, as the new face of Playboy...that says a lot...especially Christie.

Unfortunately people won't know the true impact Hugh Hefner made upon the world until he passes. And that will be a sad day.

Oh, Baloney.

With all due respect.

Respect taken. But as a poster that has past intelligent, insightful posts, I thought there might have been a better response than "Oh, Baloney". Com'n...you can do better!

Super Contributor

On 3/25/2015 terrier3 said:

I don't think it's a coincidence that Hef and Bill Cosby were such good friends.

I did hear a ""bunny mother"" say in an interview that Hefner knew nothing about what Cosby was up to and if he had he would not have approved.

Super Contributor

Sad that many look upon Hugh Hefner with a closed mind. He did more to liberate women than anyone. He brought in the sexual revolution. Women of my generation, growing up in he 50-60's could've had a totally different life if Hugh Hefner didn't exist. BTW...Thank god for that!

Also, many famous & important authors of our generation were discovered within the pages of Playboy magazine.

To have his family working for the company, daughter, Christie, as CEO for many years & son, Cooper, as the new face of Playboy...that says a lot...especially Christie.

Unfortunately people won't know the true impact Hugh Hefner made upon the world until he passes. And that will be a sad day.

Oh, Baloney.

With all due respect.

Respect taken. But as a poster that has past intelligent, insightful posts, I thought there might have been a better response than "Oh, Baloney". Com'n...you can do better!

I stated what I thought. Certainly an intelligent insightful poster such as yourself could have picked up on my opinion that Hefner was a predator and was out to promote himself and used young women to do so.

Nothing liberating, sexually or otherwise, for young women to be exploited by the Hefner Dynasty.

Super Contributor

On 3/25/2015 Suziepeach said:

Wonder what he'd think of really older women bopping around the mansion?

You know what he'd think.

He'd think they should put on their clothes and get the he&& out!

Trusted Contributor

On 3/25/2015 wildflowers said:
On 3/25/2015 lacey1 said:
On 3/25/2015 hckynut said: I think the title you chose for this thread is disgusting. Wonder the response if I replaced the name in this thread with someone of my opposite gender? I also ain't too fond of the words in the body of your original post to your title!

If we were talking about an 88 year old woman that made her living out of exploiting young boys-I would certainly say, 'Ewww' to that, too. Can you think of a woman that has done that? If you can, please inform us.

I will stand by my statement that Hefner kept a 'stable' of women, and loaned them to his friends. IMO: Hugh Hefner, Bill Cosby, Jerry Sandusky and others that have positioned themselves to sexually abuse other's are disgusting.

Why are you taking such offense? Are you a fan?

lacey1...If Hugh were, let's say, 38 years old...would your OP have read "Hugh Hefner 38 years old Ewwwwww'....

"Can you imagine having to service 'young' Hugh"...

It would not have been worded that way, so it appears to be Hugh's age that is causing the "Ewwwwwwws"...and I can understand the offense some would take with that, as it really should have nothing to do with age at all.

First you supposedly took offense to the 'gender' of the post subject, now you are offended by the age. Look, if there was an 38 year old whatever, (man/woman/other) that supplied themselves, and their friends with young, whatevers, (men/women/other) for the purpose of sexploitation: it would still be disgusting. Is that less offensive?

Super Contributor

Hefner was gross at age 38 too.

Honored Contributor

On 3/25/2015 Suziepeach said:

Wonder what he'd think of really older women bopping around the mansion?

You know what he'd think.

He'd think they should put on their clothes and get the he&& out!

Probably so with the exception only the older women would be some sort of service personnel. His long time secretary, confidant, Mary O'Connor worked for him for 40yrs and passed away at 84 in, I believe, 2013. Bet she could tell some stories but she evidently was very devoted to him.

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Esteemed Contributor

lacey1...I am not arguing with you...I am just stating that I can understand where hckynut is coming from regarding the wording of your OP as it did sound degrading to elderly men and, if you had posted this when Hugh was 38, you would not have mentioned his age at all....That is my point...so it did appear that it was more disgusting because Hugh is now 88; therefore, the "Ewwwww"....

Regardless of his age, the whole thing has been totally degrading and demeaning to women who willingly went along with it, so they are just as responsible for their behavior as Hugh is.

No, I am not an elderly man...I do hope to be an elderly woman some day and I certainly hope, by then, that no one will be "Ewwwwwwwing" me because of my age...I have worked with the elderly and I, as many, have witnessed the lack of respect shown to them, so it tends to be somewhat of a pet peeve of mine.

Okay, I'm off to have dinner!...I love good, friendly discussions!

~~Formerly known as "WildFlowers"~~