Honored Contributor

Re: Hugh Grant: Did he REALLY have to say that?

@RNbynite wrote:

@GoneButNotForgotten ....Love Hugh Grant. I didn't find him rude at all, let alone a jerk. He has that dry British type humor and is very no nonsense, BTW, I thought he was very complimentary in his remarks to Andie McDowell. I also love that he has allowed himself to age naturally and gracefully.......sort of meshes with his candid honesty. Still handsome IMO. Oh, and love Andie too!

@RNbynite - Exactly.  Being married to a Brit and having lived there for 20 years, I love the "dry British type humor".  What he said on stage was mild, compared to a lot of British humor.  (Faint hearts need to cover their ears.)

I also love that most British actors/actresses allow themselves to age gracefully.  They are so much more about talent than artificial (plastic surgery) looks.

Love Hugh Grant.  Watch all of his movies and wouldn't in a million years call him a jerk.  Just an honest man who isn't particularly comfortable with all the fanfare that goes with the "job".  Who cares what designer he was wearing???

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

During the Oscars last night, my head "spun around," & I looked UP FAST, when I heard Hugh Grant liken his own face to a man's  5*c*r*()*t*u*|\/|. 

What???    Whoa!    *Shocked!!*

I realize it was simply Hugh's British humor, but WOW!!  *That look* doesnt belong on me!

He's ruined any anomaly face/body wrinkle for me!   Woman Frustrated

You best believe, now, I'm sure to:  

Moisturize!  Moisturize! Moisturize!

I dont want to be a  "5*c*r*()*t*u*|\/|  face!"  Woman Frustrated

Honored Contributor

The comment made me snort!  

Trusted Contributor

@Venezia wrote:

@RNbynite wrote:

@GoneButNotForgotten ....Love Hugh Grant. I didn't find him rude at all, let alone a jerk. He has that dry British type humor and is very no nonsense, BTW, I thought he was very complimentary in his remarks to Andie McDowell. I also love that he has allowed himself to age naturally and gracefully.......sort of meshes with his candid honesty. Still handsome IMO. Oh, and love Andie too!

@RNbynite - Exactly.  Being married to a Brit and having lived there for 20 years, I love the "dry British type humor".  What he said on stage was mild, compared to a lot of British humor.  (Faint hearts need to cover their ears.)

I also love that most British actors/actresses allow themselves to age gracefully.  They are so much more about talent than artificial (plastic surgery) looks.

Love Hugh Grant.  Watch all of his movies and wouldn't in a million years call him a jerk.  Just an honest man who isn't particularly comfortable with all the fanfare that goes with the "job".  Who cares what designer he was wearing???

If HG is UNCOMFORTABLE with ALL the FANFARE, here's what he can do - STAY HOME - EASY PEASY. I DOUBT that he would be MISSED. He is NOT FUNNY.

Honored Contributor

In today's world, with all the language and such in music and movies, people call THIS rude?  Really?  Good grief.  Sorry but I don't think it even makes the grade of unacceptable behavior.  Except that it is him that said it.  

Some others?  People wouldn't bat an eye. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I greatly admired Hugh's restraint during that "interview."

Airhead explosion danger.

Esteemed Contributor

@MrsSB 

The woman in the stupid wedding dress. Annoyed me so much. I thought it was incredibly rude.

They should have told her to take off her veil or go and sit in the nose bleed section. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@layla2450 wrote:

If HG is UNCOMFORTABLE with ALL the FANFARE, here's what he can do - STAY HOME - EASY PEASY. I DOUBT that he would be MISSED. He is NOT FUNNY.

@layla2450 - He was asked to present an award and he accepted.

No, he doesn't need to stay home.  There are plenty of us who like him and think he IS FUNNY.  And plenty who would miss him - otherwise he wouldn't be a successful actor.  And he IS, whether you like it or not.

So you watch what you want and I'll do the same.

(And just to add, I find those "interviews" banal and cringe worthy.  Total waste of time and oxygen.  Not surprised he couldn't wait to get away.)

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Love this tweet about the "interview":

British author Natasha Devon thought maybe there was a disconnect between how Americans and British people viewed the interview. "Americans think he was being rude, British people know he was just not being fake," she tweeted.

BTW, Ashley Graham hardly comes out of the evening looking too good.

When Hugh Grant made a reference to "Vanity Fair" (the novel), she thought he was talking about the Vanity Fair (magazine) after party!  Duh.

And when another attendee said he was looking forward to seeing Rihanna perform, Ashley said Rihanna wasn't performing that evening!

Do your homework, Ashley, before such a big event.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I saw most of the interview on youtube. To quote a classic, it was "Much Ado About Nothing." People need to relax more. 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain