Esteemed Contributor

Not sure if its been mentioned yet, but a non-Hollywood, non-Famous (although wealthy) Parent was sentenced yesterday.

Devin Sloane was sentenced to 4 months incarceration in a $250,000 scheme to have his son falsely admitted to USC as a water polo player.  The prosecution had sought a 1 year sentence.

Now some attention can be taken away from Felicity for awhile.

Honored Contributor

Re: Huffman sentence

[ Edited ]

I completely agree. Unfortunately, this same type of thing, buying your kid’s way into college has been happening almost since colleges began and the current prosecution of parents who have been caught doing it won’t stop it in the future. Parents with money want to spend whatever it takes to get their kid where or what they want...and college is no exception.

I actually know someone who paid a company to hire his shiftless son for a salary of $40k. He wrote a check for $40k and gave it to the HR director.  Salary covered. Is this wrong also? It cost another job candidate a position since they had only X number or positions. The son still has no idea his father bought his job for him...he’s been there about three months...doubt he will last a year so his dad will be out a lot of money. Would love to know what others think of this scenario!

Respected Contributor

@Johnnyeager wrote:

Not sure if its been mentioned yet, but a non-Hollywood, non-Famous (although wealthy) Parent was sentenced yesterday.

Devin Sloane was sentenced to 4 months incarceration in a $250,000 scheme to have his son falsely admitted to USC as a water polo player.  The prosecution had sought a 1 year sentence.

Now some attention can be taken away from Felicity for awhile.

There are at least 20 defendants fighting the charges, but Lori Loughlin and spouse seem to be singled out.

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Esteemed Contributor
I'm fairly certain the reason is that none of the other parental names would help sell copies of US Weekly and People.
Esteemed Contributor

Feliicity's daughter will be allowed to retake the SAT in order to apply to colleges.

The College Board is allowing her to retake the test because there is no evidence that she was aware of her parents' actions.  Otherwise, she would have been banned from taking the test for 6 months from the time the College Board found her culpable.

Honored Contributor

@Johnnyeager wrote:

Feliicity's daughter will be allowed to retake the SAT in order to apply to colleges.

The College Board is allowing her to retake the test because there is no evidence that she was aware of her parents' actions.  Otherwise, she would have been banned from taking the test for 6 months from the time the College Board found her culpable.

@Johnnyeager   It doesn't mean she will be accepted into a college, though. 

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Esteemed Contributor

I'm sure that there is some school, somewhere, that will accept and admit her.

I have no idea what her school list is, although I believe she wants to study acting  In which case, I hope she paid attention to her mother's performances in court.

Honored Contributor

@PamfromCT wrote:

So what did she think she was paying $15,00 for?  My children took the SATs, wrote an essay, went for an interview and waited.  I guess that’s part of being a peasant.  

And she’s just so sorry, so contrite?  I’d guess 99% of all people charged with a crime are so “sorry.”  Really?

So-called ignorance is not an excuse.  Sorrow afterwards?  I do believe she was sorry she was caught.

I guess equal justice under the law is a quaint notion.  A very sad day for our country.

I agree with you.  heck if I was rich and shameless and knew that I would get the same sentence as Felicity did, I might take a chance and follow in her footsteps.

The monetary fine is no big deal for her...not a hardship.  Spending a day or two in jail...no problem signing autographs for inmates and community service...I do that now vouluntary.

Honored Contributor

@Johnnyeager wrote:

I'm sure that there is some school, somewhere, that will accept and admit her.

I have no idea what her school list is, although I believe she wants to study acting  In which case, I hope she paid attention to her mother's performances in court.

@Johnnyeager   Maybe if she wants to study "acting".  Now if she wants to become a scientist or a doctor or enter some higher noble profession, my take would be she would not be accepted.

Let's face it-if her mother needed to pay to shore up her scores, it kind of tells us something. 

I wonder what the score range is to be accepted into "acting" school.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

@pdlinda I doubt that Felicity will be upset if she has to take a shower in an open area. She has has been nude in films before.

I do understand your fear of prisons though.  I swear the air in there is evil and heavy...really bad vibes.  I have been there for job purposes, but couldn't wait to get out of there.