Trusted Contributor

@Shawnie wrote:

@pdlinda wrote:

@Shawnie wrote:

@MarkeieMark wrote:

I don't understand poopooing 14 days.  IF I HAD TO SPEND 1 DAY IN PRISON I WOULD HAVE A HEART ATTACK.

She will go to a white collar facility.  No need to have a heart attack.  Martha Stewart spent five months in prison for lying to the fbi.  It is confinement, it is not The Big House.

I can't speak to the prison/jail system in the State of CA but in the State where I reside and worked there is NO SUCH THING as a "white collar" jail/prison setting.  I handled many "high profile" defendants who were of means and their placement was, as I mentioned in another post, to be placed in special segregation which is FAR from comfortable and required being in a cell for 23 hrs. a day.

Maybe CA is different.

She was sentenced in a federal court.  There are quite a few white collar federal prisons.

Yes, I just read that a minute ago.  You are right!!

Honored Contributor

Re: Huffman sentence

[ Edited ]

You can’t always tell how much guilt or shame a person feels just by looking at them. She has ruined her career, her daughter is devastated, and she will be going to prison, although a short sentence, every day will feel like an eternity...at least it would for most people in her position. $30k fine and 250 hrs community service. Seems she will have suffered enough when she completes everything. It does seem that 14 days in federal prison is a “ why bother?” type of sentence though.
Lori, on the other hand, has to be frantic now. She and her hubby could not have handled their whole legal situation any worse. The other super-rich parents who have been charged have managed to pay enough to keep their names out of the media....except for when the charges were announced. I think most people seem more angry with Lori and her hubby than with anyone else.

Honored Contributor
She has asked to serve her time in the same Cali prison where Heidi Fleis and Patty Hearst served time. They describe it as not luxurious but not horrible either.
Respected Contributor

@lovesrecess wrote:
When this whole thing first came to light, it was said repeatedly that Felicity wrote the check and Macy “ sat next to her on the sofa” while she wrote it. The daughters are his stepdaughters. He j ew full well what was happening and it was reported they were both going to be charged. Weird to see him on the outside looking in now. His role is now just showing support for Felicity. He also wrote a letter to the judge and it was very sweet.

@lovesrecess wrote:
When this whole thing first came to light, it was said repeatedly that Felicity wrote the check and Macy “ sat next to her on the sofa” while she wrote it. The daughters are his stepdaughters. He j ew full well what was happening and it was reported they were both going to be charged. Weird to see him on the outside looking in now. His role is now just showing support for Felicity. He also wrote a letter to the judge and it was very sweet.

They are not stepdaughters.

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Honored Contributor
The news reported they are not his daughters...so what is their relationship with them?
Respected Contributor

@lovesrecess wrote:
The news reported they are not his daughters...so what is their relationship with them?

They are his daughters.

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Respected Contributor

Just checked IMDB for Huffman.

(September 6, 1997) Married her boyfriend of 15 years William H. Macy. They met when he taught drama at NewYork's Atlantic Theatre Company.

Mother, with her husband William H. Macy, of daughters Sofia Grace Macy (b. August 1, 2000) and Georgia Grace Macy (b. March 14, 2002).

I'd guess they are his daughters.

Denise
Honored Contributor

@gizmogal wrote:

14 days in some kind of criminal institutional confinement seems reasonable, considering the prosecution urged the court to sentence her to only one month in prison. If the prosecutor thought 30 days was appropriate, it seems the judge accounted for a first offender, a white collar crime, the confession to avoid trial and her expressed contrition to decide to mitigate the sentence. 

Ms Huffman is also fined $30,000 and required to give 250 hours of community service after incarceration. She will be on supervised probation for one year. I think she has learned a lot from her behavior. 

We don’t need torches and pitchforks. She’s not a monster; she’s a woman who used bad judgment, made bad choices, stepped out of bounds using her money immorally, and ultimately humiliated herself and her family. She’s feeling it.  

Isn't that the definition of crimes?  Bad choices, immorality, out of bounds (laws)?

Honored Contributor

I think Felicity Huffman got a fair sentance for her crime.  I said fair. She paid 15,000 for a SAT  "adjustment".  What made it fair was her genuine remorse.  How she describes her guilt , knowing it was wrong when she did it, and Went ahead anyway.  She owned up to her crime the minute she was caught, made appologies.  I believe she really sees how her privlidge led her astay to wha she knew was wrong.  

now as for Aunt Becky... She not only denied wrong doing.  She didnt think she did anything wrong.  She Felt any parent would do this.  She went  to great extremes  to plan the photos of daughters rowing, when neither of them had gone near the pool or swimming in high school.  Lol.  Then her husband and herself paid half a million to secure their kids a spot at a college that is beyond mosts dream it is so selective!!!  What the biggest insult of all is Aunt Becky saying she did what any parent would do.  Bull dung.   Not me.  Not anyone on this forum I bet.  I had a grandaughter with a 3.8 GPA. Hundred and fifty hours of community service, charity work, 4 years competition cheer, theater, gymnastics, student body service, awards, trophies, and she couldnt ace the SAT.  After first time low score she got a block, IDK.   I think a phobia of taking them.  But she couldnt get into a california Univercity because you need to ace SAT, have over a 4.3 GPA among other things.  We never Would have paid for any of our kids, grands to go to college. Its called ethical behavior.  Thats what ticked me off about Aunt Becky.  In her mind, this is what caring parents do.  

Against their first attorneys advice they pleaded not guilty.  Then agaist the new llegal team advice, and the advice of a well known Judge here in California they still wanted same council for her and her husband.  They are have ruined it for themselves. They dug in and If they dont get good jail time, I will be angry.  Never a moments remorse.  How do you go forward when you cant understand right from wrong?  I think its her husband.

two similar crimes.  Two approaches.  One took the path of self awareness , deep soul searching .  and the other ot still muddling and trying to how to get the path Altered to fit their needs. that is the difference to me anyway.

Honored Contributor

@mom2four0418 wrote:

@lovesrecess wrote:

They are his daughters.

Yes they are his daughters.  Both were a little older when they had them.  Bill Macy is notorious for his doting daughter bragging.  My SIL worked on a project with him.  He is craz for them.  Texts them a lot, talks about them.  He is really nice too.  He is really well liked although he really hets into his roles for the duration, lol!