Honored Contributor

@golding76 wrote:

Was it Cory Booker who cited this apt saying during the Democratic debate last night?

"In America, you're much better [off] if you're rich and guilty than if you're poor and innocent." 

Sad but true.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

Re: Huffman sentence

[ Edited ]

Lori photoshopped pictures of her daughters on pictures of actual legitimate athletes to submit to the college.  So that sort of hinders her "I just signed what they told me to" defense.

Respected Contributor

She also got 250 hrs of community service and a $30,000 fine.  I personally would like to see her picking up trash along the highway in an orange jumpsuit.

Esteemed Contributor

@bathina wrote:
No probation? I think her sentence is fair.

Fair, I don't think so. On the View they pointed out a young black mother who was homeless got five years in prison for falsifying her address. She wanted her child to go to a decent school system. 

Valued Contributor

Anyone would have gotten if if its a first offense and they have no criminal record. 

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Even if Lori is found not guilty, hopefully her career will be ruined.  That should be punishment enough for her in my mind.  And certainly no more bragging about her wonderful daughters at all the posh parties, that they probably won't be invited to.

I hope Felicity can still find work.  She did the right thing and I have always liked her.  She is a much better actress than Lori anyway.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Esteemed Contributor

@jackthebear wrote:

I am not as invested in this story as some of you are

but wouldn't a better sentence be for her to pay for college for 10 or 12 kids, out of her money? 

or even more ? 

I think this is a great idea! This should be in conjunction with the sentence handed down. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Huffman sentence

[ Edited ]

She was sentenced to 14 days. 250 hrs community service, and a large fine...can’t remember the amount.

Honored Contributor

@lovesrecess wrote:

Felicity Huffman gets 14 days in prison. That’ll show her....and she only serves 85% of the 14 days....smh

She also gets a fine and community service.

The fine was a drop in the bucket to her

Honored Contributor

Re: h a Re: Huffman sentence

@NicksmomESQ wrote:

Very disappointing!! This sends a very bad message to the rest of us.If you’re rich & famous you get a slap on the wrist. She should have gotten atleast 6 months.

@NicksmomESQ   Yes!  They are already saying she will be out in DAYS......