Super Contributor

Re: Hubs and I got 1st vaccine today

I get my second shot February 11. My arm was sore with the first one, but no problem really. So much better than getting the virus. My Dad never recovered. He'll be gone a year in April already. Miss him so much❤

Trusted Contributor

@tobes  We received the Pfizer vaccine. 

Esteemed Contributor

In my rural N.AZ town vaccine isn't even on horizon and I'm 1b!  Healthcare only and DH Physical Therapist has had both shots, as have a number of his colleagues; he said for him and others the 2nd shot put them out of action for 24 hrs ( so be prepared ).

Honored Contributor

I'm just so happy to see so many here getting scheduled and getting their shots. Woman Very Happy It makes me so optimistic that there will be an end to this...at least an end to Covid as such a dire concern.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

Congratulations on your first shot - you're doing better than most of us!  And even if your second shot is delayed, some protection is better than none.

Esteemed Contributor

I will be 85 in a few months and can,t get one.  Have an HMO and can,t even get a dr. Appt

Everyone in family much much younger, in 50,s and all got theirs.  Maybe they feel i,m old don,t waste it.  My 95 year old friend and 72 year old friend, neither.  Said not enough here in Cal.  

Super Contributor

Yes my daughter described her arm pain and soreness as if a strong big man punched her in the arm....she got the first shot Tuesday and has not been feeling good since ...she has many of the possible side effects...

Respected Contributor

I had the Pfizer vaccine yesterday and get my 2nd dose on Feb 11. No, the vaccine did not hurt. So far, 30 hours post vaccine I have had no noticeable side effects except last night I was really tired. It felt like I slept really good. I had more side effects from the Shingles Vaccine. So far, so good. 

Respected Contributor

My GF in Tx. near Austin is getting her second shot next week.  She calls it a  ****shoot. I am waiting for a first one in Wisconsin. It will be at least three weeks to even  get called to book an appointment with Public Health. The clinics either don't  know  or won't tell. My cousin, his wife and 94 MIL they take care in  S. Orange Co.CA. area is also waiting for a first. I just do not understand the State inequity? He lives in a populated area and I live in a rural area. 

At least some citizens are successful  and the rest of us Seniors are in the waiting game. 

Esteemed Contributor

And...........