Honored Contributor

Re: Howling at the Blue Moon

[ Edited ]

@beach-mom wrote:

I just got an email that we're supposed to go out at 7 p.m. (when the moon rises in our area) and howl at the Blue Moon in honor of First Responders. Does anyone else here know about this? 

I was talking with a friend this week about how we did so much last spring and we haven't done a lot to honor them since.  

So we will be out. Didn't Wolfman Jack in American Graffiti do this?  Smiley Wink

@beach-mom   Yes, he did.  When Curt ( Richard Dreyfuss) went to the radio station to ask for a special request (he was looking for the blonde in the T-bird) Wolfman Jack told him that he was just a proxy for the Wolfman and played the "howl" from a tape.

Curt was disappointed that the Wolfman wasn't a real person but when he was leaving he looked back and WJ howled into the mike and dedicated the song to "his buddy Curt".

American Graffiti is a great movie!!!

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

600x600.jpg

One of my favorite renditions of the classic "Blue Moon",  by the great Billie Holiday:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0wWIg2n8icQ

Blue moon, you saw me standing alone....

Respected Contributor

@silkyk wrote:

Last Spring there was a lot of howling in our area. Now not so much but lots expected tonight Halloween Blue Moon and all. Starts at moonrise. The first night they did it was funny because all the dogs on the road were out there barking, howling and "singing" along. This is a "Thank You!" to all the health care workers and first responders. It's both eerie and beautiful and will be PERFECT tonight. My pups are in!

Thank you...for not being a wet blanket! Woman Happy

Respected Contributor

@GoneButNotForgotten wrote:

@silkyk wrote:

Last Spring there was a lot of howling in our area. Now not so much but lots expected tonight Halloween Blue Moon and all. Starts at moonrise. The first night they did it was funny because all the dogs on the road were out there barking, howling and "singing" along. This is a "Thank You!" to all the health care workers and first responders. It's both eerie and beautiful and will be PERFECT tonight. My pups are in!

Thank you...for not being a wet blanket! Woman Happy

Thank you!....Been called a lot of things in my life but thankfully NEVER that.

Cheers!

Honored Contributor

Oh sure.  Go outside and howl and get more people to call 911!  DUH.

So are you gonna set fire to the house to honor your neighborhood fire fighters?  I'm sure they would feel special!  

Woman Frustrated