Esteemed Contributor

How you ever bought a "back-up" of something?

Ever liked something so much, you bought a duplicate to have on hand in case something ever happened to your product? I actually bought a 2nd pair of some Scott  Kay earrings when they appeared on a flash jewelry sale because they're my all-time favorite earrings....and if I ever lose one...Well, you get the idea, right? Is there anybody else who has bought a duplicate of something? (Just curious)

Honored Contributor

Re: How you ever bought a "back-up" of something?

Yes, often I have purchased a duplicate. My favorite Estee Lauder lipstick was just discontinued and I bought 4 of them and will try to find more...

I have a favorite lace top that I would like to own for a lifetime so I bought two and put them in storage.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I bought a backup air conditioner...exactly the same model. I panic at the thought of it going out.Smiley Surprised I really don't like being sweatySmiley Very Happy

Honored Contributor

Oh yes.  Mostly hair care products and styling tools.

Respected Contributor

yes. hair care, lipstick, all sorts of things.  i will in clothing on occasion if i find something that is really, really expensive and i can get it at a good price.

Respected Contributor

Nope never bought a backup of anything unless you count toilet paper. I always have backups of that, Kleenex and Halls cough drops.

Honored Contributor

When I was running Road Races about every weekend in the spring and summer, I bought many duplicate models of running shoes. Since Nike were the best fit for my particular type of foot, and they are well known by runners to change models often. Many models I had 3 or 4 pair of them.

Some were for short/fast training distances/some were for long/slower training distances, and the real light weight shoes were used only for the races themselves.

hnj

hckynut(john)
Esteemed Contributor

Yes and it can pay off.  For example, I purchased back-up yoga pants with a fold-over waist.  So glad I did because they're hard to find now.  Most have elastic and I can't wear elastic.  

Esteemed Contributor

Almost everything - always a new backup electric coffee perculator - - a glass wall hanging form West Elm in case the first one got broken - - two freezer full of winter food in case of blizzard - - think you've got the picture.

Respected Contributor

Oh yes!

Lip balm

TP

Lipstick

Deodorant

Kleenex

Sometimes shoes

Cleaning supplies

White Tees

Cat food/kitty litter

Facial Cleanser

Olive oil