Esteemed Contributor

Re: How would you spend a $150 Amazon gift card?

On 3/9/2015 RetRN said:
On 3/6/2015 chrystaltree said:

Is this a trick question? Amazon sells everything in the entire world. How could choosing something you want be hard?

Just being your usual pleasant self again. Mean and nasty are only two adjectives I will use to describe you. Do you get a thrill out of acting like a brat?

OP, they have some neat things like Nest candles which are a treat. I hope you have fun shopping.

I'm not familiar with Nest candles, but I do love candles! What is it that you like about them? I'd really like to know.

Thanks so much!

Respected Contributor

As I don't know your tastes and interests, beyond reading it is hard to make recommendations. I have found some lovely wall art, including unique picture frames, clocks, paintings, prints, etc. and other home decor through Amazon. I like to change out some accents during the different seasons. If this interests you, you might take a look!

Esteemed Contributor

On 3/9/2015 WaJa61 said:

As I don't know your tastes and interests, beyond reading it is hard to make recommendations. I have found some lovely wall art, including unique picture frames, clocks, paintings, prints, etc. and other home decor through Amazon. I like to change out some accents during the different seasons. If this interests you, you might take a look!

Thanks! There's so much to choose from that it's a bit overwhelming.

I like your suggestion of home decor items, and will definitely see what catches my eye. Thank you!!

Esteemed Contributor

Susan, I understand how you can be overwhelmed with an Amazon gift card. I have posted before that I treat gift cards as if they are gold bullion! I have a shoe box full of gift cards and am embarrassed to say how old some of them are.

Maybe if you think about your goals for the year or your hobbies/interests you will discover something that you are longing for and just haven't take the time to purchase.

Esteemed Contributor

On 3/9/2015 magicmoodz said:

Susan, I understand how you can be overwhelmed with an Amazon gift card. I have posted before that I treat gift cards as if they are gold bullion! I have a shoe box full of gift cards and am embarrassed to say how old some of them are.

Maybe if you think about your goals for the year or your hobbies/interests you will discover something that you are longing for and just haven't take the time to purchase.

That's the direction I'm heading! Thank you!

Esteemed Contributor

I would use a gift card for a tech device. I am going to need a new wireless printer. I would buy something with a long product life. I recently received an Amazon Echo.

Trusted Contributor

Having an Amazon card is pretty much like having money to buy anything you want, since they sell just about everything! What do you want? Books, clothing, electronics, cosmetics, shoes, jewelry......what? I'd suggest you spend a little time playing on Amazon.com and thinking about your needs, wants, and the possibilities. You'll soon come up with an answer that's right for you.

Trusted Contributor

Yep, like money in the bank! Love to get the gift cards, and got several for Christmas. I immediately go to Amazon and add them to my account. Whatever items I decide to purchase later will be deducted from that total. Or I sometimes let them add up for one major purchase. Last one was an electric fireplace TV stand for our bedroom.

Have also purchased a lot of cookware and small appliances thru A.

You'll think of something!

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks for all the great suggestions! I am keeping them all in mind, and will definitely take my time deciding what to do.

I've been going thru a rough patch, and the gift card was a big surprise, so I really want to do something fun & special with it. My spirits have lifted a lot just thinking about it - and reading all of your replies!

Trusted Contributor

Hugs to you then, (((NYCSusan))). We all know about the rough patches. The card was a very nice and generous gift. The looking can bring as much pleasure as the buying. I sometimes just browse the Amazon Vintage Shops just to soak in warm memories. Every once in a while I'll come across something too special to pass up. Smile