Honored Contributor

Re: How will your Social Security COLA change in 2024?

I'll be just fine.  

I can't do anything about it .... so why even think about it?

Esteemed Contributor

A lot more is on my radar than to think about COLA; it is what it is. I have no control over it
Esteemed Contributor

I am not on Social security yet. But some people may need or want this information. If this information does not concern or affect you, no reason to question why someone would post this or dismiss the topic all together.
Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Esteemed Contributor

Depends on how this debt ceiling thing turns out.....
* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Trusted Contributor

I'll just be happy to get a check. 

Honored Contributor

@Puppy Lips wrote:
I am not on Social security yet. But some people may need or want this information. If this information does not concern or affect you, no reason to question why someone would post this or dismiss the topic all together.

@Puppy Lips  The article is not submitted by the SS Administration. The SS decision will not be made until October 2023.

This article, among others, is based on watch groups; specifically the Senior Advocacy Group.

Until the SS Administration issues a final COLA percentage projections are just that - estimates.

I agree with those who feel we are not learning what the COLA will be based on estimates regardless of who makes them.

Obviously right now we can see a smaller COLA-that is obvious.

I agree what will be will be and folks will adjust. We have no choice.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Super Contributor

Stop the out of control spending and giving our money away at the expense of American citizens, including our vets, seniors, and disabled.  It is simple.  When you reduce the tax base, it is basic economics.  Please.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@soozer wrote:

Stop the out of control spending and giving our money away at the expense of American citizens, including our vets, seniors, and disabled.  It is simple.  When you reduce the tax base, it is basic economics.  Please.  

@soozer 

I'm not sure I understand your point relating to Social Security. 

Cutting taxes is one thing, but it doesn't mean that SS will automatically go up as a result.  

Esteemed Contributor

She wasn't talking cuttung taxes (income) she is talking cutting spending. 

Respected Contributor

Usually, a COLA goes up during an election year.....but time will tell. I predict the cost of gas and groceries will go down shortly before the election, then either plummet or skyrocket, depending upon the outcome.