Honored Contributor

Re: How warm / cold do you keep your house?

It depends how cold it is outside.  Generally during the day while I'm at work it's at 68.  I might bump it up to 70 when I come home.  Sometimes if it's particularly cold and/or windy, I bump it to 72.  At night it goes down to 68 in the winter, sometimes 66. 

Regardless, if I'm watching tv, I always have a blanket on me.  I think it's habit.  Like I have to sleep under covers.  LOL   

Respected Contributor

68 in the day but goes down 64 at midnight, programmable termasate but also live in Az. electric heat but comes on mostly mornings & night during the day it shuts off. Now summer with a/c that never shuts off. 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I'm outside of Washington DC so it doesn't get too cold here and never for very long.

I had all new windows and doors and a new roof put on about 2 years ago and my house is so air tight that I have to open the windows sometimes in the winter to cool it down on days when it's really sunny or I have the oven on for a while.

I had a new system put in in July, the gas heat part is a two stage system, so it runs on low most of the time.  I have not had it higher than 65, most of the time it's at 64 during the day and 62 or off at night.  I think it's been 59 in here once when I had the system off and it was very cold over night.

What I save in heat I make up for in electricity for the a/c.  I like a cool house.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Respected Contributor

I seem to be doing the opposite of what most of you do.  I set my thermostat lower during the day to 65 and raise it to 67 at night.  I am the "hot one" in my family, so I often wake up too heated during the night.  But everyone else is comfortable. 

Honored Contributor

I live in a highrise apartment building built after WW II ... steam heat.  Old fashioned riser pipes and radiators.  

I don't know what the temp is - but it's very comfortable.  These past two days with the storm - it's been warmer here than usual.