Esteemed Contributor

Re: How warm / cold do you keep your house?

South Texas so it doesn’t get very cold often. I have it at 75 always, if I have company I set it to 73. If it’s cold out, AC doesn’t kick in and I just use my blanket.

Trusted Contributor

Normally I keep the heat at 68 during the day, 62 at night.  Today with the snow and wind I turned it up to 70 and if it's very cold tonight will only turn it down to 64-65.  That being said just watching that snow blowing all over the place I just might turn it to 72.

Esteemed Contributor

@2Kittys  I'm in VA and keep heat at 68 in the winter. 

If it's chilly in my den I have throws and Dyson and Durotherm heaters to warm it a degree or so. 
  The thermostat is in my hall at 68 but the den is usually 69-70. 

Honored Contributor

@1Snickers wrote:

@2Kittys  I'm in VA and keep heat at 68 in the winter. 

If it's chilly in my den I have throws and Dyson and Durotherm heaters to warm it a degree or so. 
  The thermostat is in my hall at 68 but the den is usually 69-70. 

@1Snickers 

My kitchen is east facing and the breakfast room has a large bank of windows and it can get warm here in winter and summer early morning until about noon but it's really nice in winter.  It's not a big bother in summer.  It does not get that hot.  In the afternoon, our bedrooms get very hot in summer and cold in winter.  C'est la vie.  That, too, will pass in time.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

When you are elderly, your bones hurt.  I  could turn it off at night, but for the dog, so 65 @ night and a sweater on her.  I have plenty of blankets and microfiber sheets.  She sleeps on the sheets next to me.

No more than 70 during day.  My house old and it doesn,t reach the living room.  

Honored Contributor

I keep it around 75, I have to be comfortable in my home.  I don't want to walk around bundled up like the Michelin Man to stay warm.

Honored Contributor

66/70 which is my comfort zone since I run hot. 

Trusted Contributor

63 at night and 67 or 68 during the day. I would melt if I turned it to 70.

Trusted Contributor

69 day and night downstairs this time of year and 67 upstairs.

Respected Contributor

I live in the Midlands of South Carolina...my thermostat pretty much stays at 70 year-round. I also run a ceiling fan at night year-round. No matter the temperature outside, this is what I do. I don't like wearing layers indoors. If I'm a little chilly while watching TV, I'll cover up with a throw, but that's it.