Honored Contributor

Re: How warm / cold do you keep your house?

72 year round

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Esteemed Contributor

Between 67-70...most of the time 68....

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

68 at night, in winter during the day I have my little heater going and it can get up to 72 before I shut it off.  Husband and I both have a blanket in case we get chilly on the couch but that's it.   Bedroom has ceiling fan going year around and I have a fan by my bed.  I also have a heated matress pad for those really cold nights.  Turn it on for 1 hour to warm the bed, it auto shuts off and your body heat takes it from there for the rest of the night-cozy!  Also my husband has his little Min-Pin who sleeps down at the bottom under the covers and she puts out a lot of heat!  Never been able to deal with flannel sheets even when I lived in NH.  Growing up in Northern VT as a child we did sleep in flannel nightgowns though.  

Honored Contributor

I live in the mid-Atlantic area.  I keep mine at 69 all year.  

Honored Contributor

We heat w/wood. We have a wood furnace and it heats our house,which is about 3600 sguare feet. Hubbs likes to keep it at about 84 in the winter.

Hubbs believes the secret to warmth in a home is insulation. When we put the addition in made sure good insulation was installed.

Esteemed Contributor

68 day; 62 night. (69 is too warm!)

72 in summer day & night. 71 would be better. Interesting how I can detect 1 degree of difference.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I live in the upper midwest so winters can be verrrrry cold. I keep my thermostat at 68 during the day and 64 at night. I have a big front zip hoodie that I keep handy and wear it a lot in the winter.

I keep the air conditioning at 78 in the summer.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

During the day 60' and at night 50'. That's where I have my thermostat set but my house is actually warmer than that because it's well insulated. The heat from appliances and electronics makes it warmer. I live in Colorado. My house  stays comfortable year round because of the insulation and energy efficient windows. Approx 30% of heat can be lost (or gained in summer)  through windows if you don't have good ones.

Respected Contributor

65 in the day and 60 at night.

If I am sitting and not moving around I will use the Duraflame in the Living room  where am sitting. I also have one in the bedroom. I warm up the  bedroom for a few hours sometimes. It is just me and my dogs so why heat the whole house? My one lab mix lays in front of the heater in the Living room sometimes. I dress in layers as in and out and live Up North. We rarely need air conditioning keeping the house closed up to stay cool in summer and  use fans.

Esteemed Contributor

Heating my home right now: 65 degrees day & night. If I am cold during the day I get up and move around. At night I wear my Comfy and/ or snuggle under a throw.

I forgot where I set the temp for cooling in summer. Maybe 75?

I try hard to manage my heating & cooling bills.