Respected Contributor

Re: How to stop the calls about the back or knee brace paid for by Medicare.

@Financialgrl wrote:

@lulu1 wrote:

I've not been offered a back or knee brace.  I get the call saying I inquired about secondary insurance. (I did not)  There is an option given to not receive the call again.  The option does NO GOOD. The call frequently comes from a number I have personally called.  Often caller ID has shown either one of my doctors' numbers or even our own number.

Articles say picking up and answering the phone just alerts the companies that yours is a current working number and then they sell your number to other companies for money so their advice is - just don't answer.  I have Verizon for my landline (which is needed for my security system or I'd get rid of that) and Verizon gives us nomorobo free for that - the phone rings once and call goes away.  I rarely if ever get these calls on my cell phone.  I don't subscribe to anything for my cell phone but I will go in and block a number that turns out to be telemarketer. 

@Financialgrl

I never answer a number I do not recognize.  When  my doctors' numbers appear on caller ID, I do answer.  It's getting close to 50-50 that it is a legimate call from the office.    I'm caught between a rock and a hard place.  As I said before, frequently caller ID shows a number I've called.

I do not get any spam calls or texts on my cell phone. 

Honored Contributor

Coupla thigs:

Tell them it is a violation of medical privavcy

Get the Q cll blocker

We own that and love it.

Trusted Contributor

when ever i get one of these calls, i get the person onthe home and let them think that they have me hooked and then i blow a loud whistle into the phoneand then hagup.  or i may even tell them what i think as in a few very choice words and hangup

Esteemed Contributor

I've seen commercials on TV for knee & back braces, but I've never received a call about them. 

I have Nomorobo, so I don't get any calls I don't want.  I was skeptical when I first got it a few years ago, but it has been amazing.

Trusted Contributor

@chickenbutt  there is something "they" can do. In that they dont brings me to my same mantra...and my number one Maxim "follow the line of the money."

Honored Contributor

@chickenbutt wrote:

I guess I just don't understand why people keep answering these calls.

BTW, somebody mentioned that there is a fee for nomorobo.  There is NOT a fee.

I think there might be a fee if using a mobile phone. Landlines — no fee.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Respected Contributor

@Perkup wrote:

I always ask to speak with someone, and I tell them that the only pain I have is a pain in the a## from their phone calls and I'd love to have them fix that.

@Perkup

I'd ask them if they have a brace for the pain in the a## that their calls are giving you!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@JustJazzmom wrote:

@chickenbutt wrote:

I guess I just don't understand why people keep answering these calls.

BTW, somebody mentioned that there is a fee for nomorobo.  There is NOT a fee.

I think there might be a fee if using a mobile phone. Landlines — no fee.

Yes, I believe there is a fee for mobile phones, but it's only something like $1.99 per month.  Well, well worth it, IMO.  

Respected Contributor

@KingstonsMom  I would going to suggest the same thing.  The ONLY thing I have found works for those selling solar panels is to tell them that you already have them installed.

The vast majority don't ever get through because I have nomorobo, but I seem to still get those wanting to sell me home improvement projects....I tell them that the house is for sale, and nothing is going to be done.  

The final back up is to tell them that they called a crime scene, and what is their name, company name, and they need to report immediately to the police station in regards to the crime that I'm investigating since there is NO reason for them to be calling this residence. 

......You look like I need a drink.....
Respected Contributor

I purchased the call blocker from a QVC TSV.  It WILL block MOST calls you want blocked.

There are SOME calls that have found a way around call blockers.  I don't know how they do it, but a few do.

The one downside is your phone will ring once when a number you've blocked appears.  So it will still tweak you.  But it helps.

Hyacinth