Honored Contributor

How to stop the calls about the back or knee brace paid for by Medicare.

[ Edited ]

I get them at least, AT LEAST, 3 times a day. Sometimes more often.

I don’t want the back brace OR the knee race. Neither does my husband. The cats won’t give me a firm answer but both of them manage to access the top of their Kitty Tree with little struggle, and they refuse to answer the phone.

HAS ANYONE HERE ACHIEVED FREEDOM FROM THIS GHASTLY COMPANY? We HAVE hit the number that should have removed us from the list, without success.

Is there anything else we can do?

Honored Contributor

Re: How to stop the calls about the back or knee brace paid for by Medicare.

@violann

Use this, if it's available in your area.

http://nomorobo.com/

It's like RAID for telemarketers.

Image result for raid animated gif

Respected Contributor

I'm afraid there really isn't anyway to stop them. They're not exactly legitimate calls, so reporting them thru the government Do Not Call list won't work (not that it works anyway). You can try blocking them or reporting them with NoMoRobo, but they use largely spoofed numbers anyway. I get them and I'm not anywhere near eligible for Medicare. 

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Honored Contributor

@violann wrote:

I get them at least, AT LEAST, 3 times a day. Sometimes more often.

I don’t want the back brace OR the knee race. Neither does my husband. The cats won’t give me a firm answer but both of them manage to access the top of their Kitty Tree with little struggle, and they refuse to answer the phone.

HAS ANYONE HERE ACHIEVED FREEDOM FROM THIS GHASTLY COMPANY? We HAVE hit the number that should have removed us from the list, without success.

Is there anything else we can do?

DH got two calls yesterday and finally told the lady he’s not interested.

Next time I’ll tell the cats, Bubba or Grayson, to answer the phone and handle it. 🙀🙀

Honored Contributor

I use Call Block on my phone.....but they then use a different number when they think I'll answer.  Hit the Call Block again, again, and again.  

They call me sometimes as many as 3 times a day too.  

Respected Contributor

I always ask to speak with someone, and I tell them that the only pain I have is a pain in the a## from their phone calls and I'd love to have them fix that.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I tried nomorobo...you pay a fee...the calls stopped for a week... now they are back...all kinds of obnoxious healthcare-related calls from everywhere...at least a dozen a day, really.

Honored Contributor

I don't get those calls but I see plenty of late-night ads on TV for those products paid for by Medicare.  I think they are legitimate in that you could order and receive the product.  Seeing them gave me the idea to ask my doctor about a back brace.  She wrote a prescription and I got one at a local medical supply store.  They had to adjust it for me so I don't think getting it on TV would have been satisfactory.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@violann

Do what I did after I got so many of those calls.....I told them I was a paraplegic and that I didn't find their calls one bit funny, in fact they were cruel.....the calls stopped.

They must've made a notation of my phone # in their database.

Hey, whatever works!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Trusted Contributor

I just tell them, "I'm sorry, I don't speak English"