Valued Contributor

How to post pictures here that I have saved in my computer

I need simple directions on how to post pictures  on the boards that I have saved in my computer. I wanted to post some photos of Christmas decorations but don't know how to do that.

Honored Contributor

Re: How to post pictures here that I have saved in my computer

Hi @elruth

When you start a new post, there is a small symbol of a picture in the top row.  Hover your mouse on it and it will say" insert/edit image."

Click on it and it opens a small pop-up form.  The first thing it says is "choose file."

Click on that and you will see the list of your images saved on your computer.

Find the image you want, click on it, and it will be transferred to the new post.

I hope that helps.  Give it a try and if you have any other questions, I or someone will surely be around to answer.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

Click on the Insert/Edit Image icon above, click on choose file, find the photo you saved click open, click insert image.

Before you insert image you can pick small medium or large size.

If I have a large photo I will resize or crop using Adobe Photo Shop.

Honored Contributor

@LTT1 helped me when I had that same question. I think she can explain it better than I can. Woman Happy

Valued Contributor

I need more directions. I want to post photos to a post that is already there. I don't want to post a new message. Also my file is too large. How do I make the file smaller?? It is a photo of my Christmas tree that is in my pictures file. 

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@elruth wrote:

I need more directions. I want to post photos to a post that is already there. I don't want to post a new message. Also my file is too large. How do I make the file smaller?? It is a photo of my Christmas tree that is in my pictures file. 

Go to imageresize dot org, or a similar free resource and follow the instructions for downsizing your photo. 

Then just upload that smaller version here through the image tool to the right of the link tool, in your post. 

Honored Contributor

@GingerPeach wrote:

Hi @elruth

When you start a new post, there is a small symbol of a picture in the top row.  Hover your mouse on it and it will say" insert/edit image."

Click on it and it opens a small pop-up form.  The first thing it says is "choose file."

Click on that and you will see the list of your images saved on your computer.

Find the image you want, click on it, and it will be transferred to the new post.

I hope that helps.  Give it a try and if you have any other questions, I or someone will surely be around to answer.

I would add that you can determine the size of your photo. I usually use the "medium" and not the small or large version. Medium is large enough to see the details, but doesn't overwhelm your post.

Honored Contributor

@elruth The instructions are the same whether you are starting the post yourself or you are replying to a post. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@elruth wrote:

@elruth

First, edit your own Christmas tree image by either cropping it to make it smaller, or otherwise using some program to do so.  I usually just crop.

Then go to your post, click on the three gray dots at the upper right to edit, and go through the same steps to post the smaller picture.

Honored Contributor

p.s.  @elruth

I trust you are not confusing "post" with "thread."