Trusted Contributor

Re: How to ensure that you do not get the job.....

On 4/3/2015 VCamp2748 said:
On 4/3/2015 Havarti said:

My guess is that she is doesn't really want the the interview, or the job. She is likely collecting unemployment income and is not allowed to refuse an interview to keep collecting her money. I have heard this happens fairly frequently, although usually for lower wage jobs. If she is offered a job fairly comparable to what she had, she is not allowed to turn it down. If she wants to sit home and collect unemployment she has to make herself undesirable to anyone showing interest. Just a guess, but that is what I think is going on here.

Ah, yes, of course. I once had an applicant call me, ask a few questions about the posted postion, then clearly indicated that she was only calling to be able to mark it down as a job contact for her unemployment. No wonder the system's so clogged with abusers.

{#emotions_dlg.crying}

Honored Contributor

As a (retired) administrator I don't know why you're wasting your time interviewing this person. I'd send her packing now. She doesn't deserve an interview with her attitude. Call her and tell her you've selected an applicant for the job.

"Faith, Hope, Love; the greatest of these is Love." ~The Silver Fox~
Regular Contributor

I would have told her ""nevermind.""

Respected Contributor

On 4/4/2015 AnikaBrodie said:

As a (retired) administrator I don't know why you're wasting your time interviewing this person. I'd send her packing now. She doesn't deserve an interview with her attitude. Call her and tell her you've selected an applicant for the job.

Honored Contributor

On 4/4/2015 Ilikeshade said:
On 4/2/2015 Chrystaltree said:

I haven't even interviewed the candidate yet and I already know, I won't hire her. She looks good on paper but she's already proven that she's not responsible or dependable. We arranged to interview her almost two weeks ago; she requested an early morning interview and we set it up for 8am. She called at 7:55 to say that she was "running late" and couldn't make it before 9am. At 9:10 she called and asked if we could reschedule the interview, preferably after 4pm. I wasn't thrilled but we rescheduled to this afternoon @ 5pm. At 4:45, she called to say that she couldn't make it because....because....she has to do some Easter shopping for her children. She really said that! She acted like it was no big deal. So, I rescheduled her interview for tomorrow at 4:30. Maybe she'll show up, maybe she won't. I don't care. It's now just a formality, I'll talk to her for 15 minutes and send her on her way. Obviously, she isn't terribly interested in the job and I'm not at all interested in her. People never fail to amaze me....

Chrystaltree....so how did it go? Did you like her? Did you offer her a job?? {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Yes, she did arrive for the interview. And on time, which surprised me. I only interviewed her because I didn't want to go through a lot of foolishness with HR. And I was curious. She never would have made the cut, she was dressed appropriately and I liked her resume but was "trouble". She spent the entire 20 minutes bad mouthing her current employer, her supervisor and her coworkers. Very unprofessional. And the only question she had for me was, could she take two weeks off without pay in July for her family vacation.
Honored Contributor

It's a shame you wasted time interviewing her. Someone else would gladly have taken that time slot to be interviewed for the job I'm sure.

Waste of company time=not smart.

Trusted Contributor

On 4/4/2015 chrystaltree said:

I haven't even interviewed the candidate yet and I already know, I won't hire her. She looks good on paper but she's already proven that she's not responsible or dependable. We arranged to interview her almost two weeks ago; she requested an early morning interview and we set it up for 8am. She called at 7:55 to say that she was "running late" and couldn't make it before 9am. At 9:10 she called and asked if we could reschedule the interview, preferably after 4pm. I wasn't thrilled but we rescheduled to this afternoon @ 5pm. At 4:45, she called to say that she couldn't make it because....because....she has to do some Easter shopping for her children. She really said that! She acted like it was no big deal. So, I rescheduled her interview for tomorrow at 4:30. Maybe she'll show up, maybe she won't. I don't care. It's now just a formality, I'll talk to her for 15 minutes and send her on her way. Obviously, she isn't terribly interested in the job and I'm not at all interested in her. People never fail to amaze me....

Chrystaltree....so how did it go? Did you like her? Did you offer her a job?? {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Yes, she did arrive for the interview. And on time, which surprised me. I only interviewed her because I didn't want to go through a lot of foolishness with HR. And I was curious. She never would have made the cut, she was dressed appropriately and I liked her resume but was "trouble". She spent the entire 20 minutes bad mouthing her current employer, her supervisor and her coworkers. Very unprofessional. And the only question she had for me was, could she take two weeks off without pay in July for her family vacation.
I was hired once with the employer knowing that in six weeks I'd be gone for two weeks. The trip had been booked nearly a year in advance, and my ex had to jump through governmental hoops to be off at that time, too. They were great, the employment agency had let them know the situation before the interview, and of course I wasn't paid. Outside of a mention, the questions involved the company, what I wanted out of the job and so on. Bad mouthing though is a serious warning sign.
Read it! New England Journal of Medicine—May 21, 2020
Universal Masking in Hospitals in the Covid-19 Era

“We know that wearing a mask outside health care facilities offers little, if any, protection from infection.
Honored Contributor

On 4/4/2015 blahblahvampemerblah said:
On 4/4/2015 chrystaltree said:

I was hired once with the employer knowing that in six weeks I'd be gone for two weeks. The trip had been booked nearly a year in advance, and my ex had to jump through governmental hoops to be off at that time, too. They were great, the employment agency had let them know the situation before the interview, and of course I wasn't paid. Outside of a mention, the questions involved the company, what I wanted out of the job and so on. Bad mouthing though is a serious warning sign.
It depends on the job. It depends on company policy. Sometimes you can accommodate a new hire in that way, sometimes you can't. I wouldn't let any new hire take two weeks off in the middle of her training period and while she is still in the 90 day probationary superior. I couldn't justify that to my staff, some of whom didn't get their first request for vacation weeks. Everyone wants two weeks in July, everyone can't have it.
Honored Contributor

Once a candidate for a job called the morning of her appointment to reschedule her and we were not happy as it predicted possibly a self centered person but when she got to interview she apologized for having to reschedule as her current employer was short staffed due to 2 out ill and she didn't want to put them in a bind. She got the job as not only did she have all the qualifications necessary, her thoughtfulness of her current employer impressed us.