Respected Contributor

How to ensure that you do not get the job.....

I haven't even interviewed the candidate yet and I already know, I won't hire her. She looks good on paper but she's already proven that she's not responsible or dependable. We arranged to interview her almost two weeks ago; she requested an early morning interview and we set it up for 8am. She called at 7:55 to say that she was "running late" and couldn't make it before 9am. At 9:10 she called and asked if we could reschedule the interview, preferably after 4pm. I wasn't thrilled but we rescheduled to this afternoon @ 5pm. At 4:45, she called to say that she couldn't make it because....because....she has to do some Easter shopping for her children. She really said that! She acted like it was no big deal. So, I rescheduled her interview for tomorrow at 4:30. Maybe she'll show up, maybe she won't. I don't care. It's now just a formality, I'll talk to her for 15 minutes and send her on her way. Obviously, she isn't terribly interested in the job and I'm not at all interested in her. People never fail to amaze me....

Honored Contributor

Re: How to ensure that you do not get the job.....

You gave her one more chance than I would have. Seems very irresponsible. I wouldn't waste my time interviewing her.

Super Contributor

That is crazy!

I would have told her that she wasn't what we were looking for and there would be no rescheduling. I agree, people are amazing.

Contributor

Unacceptable. I wouldn't give her an interview.

Super Contributor

Agree with brii. Nobody that irresponsible and lazy about making it to an interview isn't worth the time - no matter how great that resume looked at first glance.

Honored Contributor

That would have been enough for me also. I wouldn't have rescheduled, yet again, till tomorrow.

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Super Contributor

On 4/2/2015 grandma_2_2 said:

That is crazy!

I would have told her that she wasn't what we were looking for and there would be no rescheduling. I agree, people are amazing.

{#emotions_dlg.thumbup1} ITA.

Money doesn't talk; it swears. --Bob Dylan
Honored Contributor

I can't imagine how she had the nerve to do that but it just shows upfront what you can expect from her on the job.
Honored Contributor

On 4/2/2015 brii said:

You gave her one more chance than I would have. Seems very irresponsible. I wouldn't waste my time interviewing her.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. At this point I would have said 'just don't bother to come at all'. geez, some people! I know some people like that. Everything is always about them and commitments to others mean absolutely nothing to them. It's not like she had an emergency.

Honored Contributor

Wow you were nice. 0 chances...too many people would kill for a job....how entitled can one be??? Jeez.
Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G