Honored Contributor

Re: How on earth can this woman be 92 years old?

@Mominohio wrote:

@sunshine45 wrote:

@Mominohio wrote:

@chrystaltree wrote:

That picture hasn't been airbrushed. Like all the other women at events like that, her makeup was done by a professional and she's wearing a wig but there are no smoke and mirror tricks.  

Wigs and make up are smoke and mirrors.

i dont think that wigs and makeup are smoke and mirrors......they are used to enhance, not to disguise.

Call it what you will, but it but it covers up what is natural and real, and makes someone look different than they really are. Smoke and mirrors.

Obviously you’re not understanding Woman 101.

Ain’t no amount of wigs, makeup, photoshop, smoke & mirrors

or deception will turn me into Elle McPherson or Angelina Jolie.

Not happening. Smoke/Mirrors just enhances what you have.

A better version of you.

With Cicely Tyson...Broadway TRIES to make her look old, but 

it ain’t happening. Beauty & youthful spirit shines through.

DC3091E6-3FE9-4852-9187-FFE2B6B9889B.jpeg

Esteemed Contributor

Good genes

Good outlook on life

Inner beauty shines through 

Maybe a little airbrushing 

A whole lot of luck!!

She’s awesome 👏🏻!!

Honored Contributor

Lifestyle included exercise and healthy choices.

Honored Contributor

@Mominohio wrote:

@sunshine45 wrote:

@Mominohio wrote:

@chrystaltree wrote:

That picture hasn't been airbrushed. Like all the other women at events like that, her makeup was done by a professional and she's wearing a wig but there are no smoke and mirror tricks.  

i dont think that wigs and makeup are smoke and mirrors......they are used to enhance, not to disguise.

Call it what you will, but it but it covers up what is natural and real, and makes someone look different than they really are. Smoke and mirrors.

@Mominohio

Maybe I'm misunderstanding you here ....  are you saying no woman should wear makeup, but go bare faced to be "natural and real"?

Honored Contributor

@Sweet_Serenity wrote:

@Sweet_Serenity

I Googled.

Yep, she’s followed a vegetarian diet for decades.

(mic drop)

Honored Contributor

I agree with all those who said "genetics and healthy lifestyle."  But I must add the luck to not get a serious disease or a chronic incurable one.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@sidsmom wrote:

@Sweet_Serenity wrote:

@Sweet_Serenity

I Googled.

(mic drop) 

Had a gut feeling. Same with my 92 year old Dad! Fine example 1940's plant based lifestyle still going strong.

Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@Mominohio wrote:

@sunshine45 wrote:

@Mominohio wrote:

@chrystaltree wrote:

@Mominohio

Maybe I'm misunderstanding you here ....  are you saying no woman should wear makeup, but go bare faced to be "natural and real"?

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@Mominohio wrote:

@sunshine45 wrote:

@Mominohio wrote:

@chrystaltree wrote:

@Mominohio

I'm saying that people want to know how she looks so good. 

I replied there are a number of components, including genes, lifestyle and health choices, and wigs and makeup. 

I don't care what women do, but when they use wigs and makeup (or surgery and botox) they are using things beyond what they really are to be 'beautiful', or youthful looking, and it doesn't seem so hard to answer that original question, how does she look so young, when you combine them all with the good genes and lifestyle choices. 

I really love how people want to make a 'war' of it, and assume you are saying something is 'wrong' with it. It isn't about it being right or wrong, it is about this is the combination of things that give her the results. 

Respected Contributor

I loved Sounder.  It's one of my favorite movies. She has been lovely in all her life-phases. 

Honored Contributor

@Sweet_Serenity wrote:

@sidsmom wrote:

@Sweet_Serenity wrote:

@Sweet_Serenity

I Googled.

(mic drop) 

Had a gut feeling. Same with my 92 year old Dad! Fine example 1940's plant based lifestyle still going strong.

I'm sure this can be healthy but my 95 year old mom (who I described in an earlier post on this thread) eats everything under the sun! 

So I think so much is the luck of  great genes, and also the inner person!

You can have a healthy lifestyle but not be so lucky when it comes to many health things through no fault of your lifestyle.

I'm glad you both found something you like to do that makes you feel good.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"