Valued Contributor

Re: How often do you take selfies?

never have, don't comment on them either, would lose the few friends I have 😝

Honored Contributor

From time to time my three girls and I will share nail and or lip colors, hairstyles and once or twice shoes. But that's just between us.

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Respected Contributor

Never. I don't even like having my picture taken by others!

Honored Contributor

Once I tried taking one of my manicure.  It turned out awful.

We recently returned from vacation.  I saw more selfie sticks. (some I would have loved to stink in where the sun don't shine)

Honored Contributor

Never for me. For one thing I tried it, and I am not good at taking them, and I am not photogenic....I hate having my picture taken!

Honored Contributor

When it comes to selfies what I don't understand is why people taking them don't pay attention to their backgrounds. I understand theatres, beaches, malls etc. But I've seen on fb, instagram and through the internet, some of the messiest bedrooms, bathrooms, kitchens with people proudly grinning while my eye is drawn to the mess piled up on their unmade bed or clothes hanging off of a door.

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Respected Contributor

this was years ago when i had an old Blackberry.  i used to take them after i lost 15 lb. and looked amazing.   i snapped the pix on a full length mirror and was wearing bikinis and heels.   good thing i did that hahaha cant wear either now!!!

cameras have had self timers for eons...take a look at Cindy Sherman's b/w work "Untitled Film Stills"  -  at MoMA .

Honored Contributor

The only selfies I have taken are on my computer where I store them and no one sees them but myself. Right after I had a few haircuts or changed the color of my hair, I take a selfie. I also can see the subtle changes after some weight gain. I look younger when I weigh more.

However, I don't do selfies for Facebook. My SIL has one everyday on Facebook ....she's 65 and takes photos of herself all summer long in a string bikini. LOL If I looked like her maybe I would be tempted to....she's a yoga instructor and looks phenomenal.

Respected Contributor

@Trinity11 wrote:

The only selfies I have taken are on my computer where I store them and no one sees them but myself. Right after I had a few haircuts or changed the color of my hair, I take a selfie. I also can see the subtle changes after some weight gain. I look younger when I weigh more.

However, I don't do selfies for Facebook. My SIL has one everyday on Facebook ....she's 65 and takes photos of herself all summer long in a string bikini. LOL If I looked like her maybe I would be tempted to....she's a yoga instructor and looks phenomenal.

@Trinity11 I'm afraid you're not looking at your SIL's pictures nearly critically enough.  I mean, she's 65, she must have wrinkles around her belly button, or under her knees, and I bet she dyes her hair and sometimes has roots showing.  She should expect people to notice and point out these obvious flaws! Woman WinkWoman Tongue

Trusted Contributor

Never.

Too Kardashian-like~~~